Halo Laser Question- A few hours post op?

I had my halo peel done about 3 hours ago. I expected my skin to turn red which it really is not and the burning feeling is minimum. Instead the brown spots on my face are very dark, almost black in color and I have minimal redness all over. Please just tell me if this is normal or not. I expected to be kind of red and burned feeling today with the dark spots coming out in a couple of days. I am concerned about why my spots are so dark this soon.

Post Halo Treatment

Each patient will respond differently to treatment. Moreover, the settings that is used will help determine the recovery. Consult with your treating physician as he or she knows the scope of the treatment and the specifics about you. 

Can you post a photo? Pain tolerance and results are different with each patient. Some patients don't see the brown spots at all but feel their face is dry and rough. Be sure to keep the skin out of the skin and moisturize the area well. 

Robert G. Aycock, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

After Halo laser resurfacing

Thanks for your interest. In general, we see redness like bad sunburn and possibly pin-point bleeding just after halo treatments.  The dark sandpaper-like MENDS will appear in 1-2 days.

Dr.Kevin Belasco

Kevin T. Belasco, DO
Newport Beach Dermatologist