Do I have gyno? (photos)

I've noticed my nipples have been puffy since puberty, (I'm 19 now) as well as my chest being somewhat jiggly. I'd like to know if I have gyno and if having surgery would get rid of my puffy nipples. Any help is appreciated. This has caused me a lot of insecurity issues like not wanting to take my shirt off in front of anyone since I've had this.

Do I have gynecomastia (male breasts)?

Do you have gynecomastia? 
Thank you for the photographs. Even though they are horizontal and not vertical, it is easy to tell that you do have mild gynecomastia. The history of developing it at puberty is typical of gynecomastia patients. Yes, surgery will correct your gynecomastia. It will require an incision between the lower portion of your areolar and your skin. Since there is a color change between the aerial and the skin, the scar leaves only a faintly visible scar. There should be no "stitch marks," if sutured properly. Some liposuction will be necessary as well to make the contour as smooth as possible. This procedure can be done under local anesthesia or general anesthesia. Mild sedation is usually used if a patient chooses local anesthesia. This procedure uniformly leaves patients elated with the result. Men do not like having female-like breasts, and I am amazed to see so many men with untreated gynecomastia. Thank you for your question and I wish you the best of luck.

It is hard to tell from your photo if you have gynecomastia. However, if you have fullness in your breast area that bothers you, then it is worth being evaluated. I have resolved many men's breast issues with mostly just liposuction. I would be happy to evaluate you since we are in the same city. Our cosmetic consults are free. Hope to see you soon. 

About Gynecomastia and Treatment

The male breast is composed of glandular tissue and fatty tissue. An excess in either type of tissue can cause the chest to take on the look of gynecomastia. Gynecomastia can affect men of all different body types.
According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades.
About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement.

Several common factors can cause gynecomastia including excessive levels of #estrogen, natural #hormone changes, use of recreational drugs or alcohol, medications and their associated side effects, and, various health conditions. Also, there are different types of #gynecomastia.
There are three types of surgical #treatment #options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal #candidate.

Thanks for your question and pictures. It is hard to tell exactly from your photos if you have gynecomastia without examining you. It would present a small amount of fullness below the nipple to large feminine breasts. Yours appear small and should you decide to have the area treated, a small incision below the areola allows removal the tissue is small amounts. The scar is very small. Recovery is usually 5 days. Begin with a board certified plastic surgeon that performs at least 100 of these procedures per year. 
Best of luck to you!
Dr. Mentz

Henry Mentz, MD, FACS

If you suffer from it you may elect to have surgery

How should I choose a surgeon?
Choose carefully. The decision is yours. Advice to assist in making your selection.Only a board certified plastic surgeon
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures, the better. Pay attention whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3.Only gynecomastia Reviews matter.
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
Be realistic about your expectations. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.So be extremely careful choosing the right Plastic Surgeon at the beginning.

Mordcai Blau, MD