Am I a good candidate for under eye fillers such as Restylane? (Photo)

I am 28 years old. I keep care of myself by a daily exercise regimen and healthy eating....with that said, I feel that I appear tired all the time.

Doctor Answers 11

Am I a good candidate for under eye fillers such as Restylane?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Judging from your photographs, your problem is twofold. You have mild pseudo-herniation of the three fat pockets in the lower eyelids. You also have a slight depression over the bony rim below the lower eyelids (the infraorbital rim). You could have the fat removed from your lower eyelids through an incision on the inside of your eyelid, and you will probably want to do this some day, but an injection with Restylane would diminish the shadow over the bony rim. The dark circles that you see are not from pigmentation, they are shadows. If you take a small mirror and look up into the light this circles will go away.

So the simple answer is, yes, I think an injection with Restylane would benefit you.

I highly recommend that your plastic surgeon use a DermaSculpt micro-cannula to inject with. This will lower the risk of bruising or a black eye. I also recommend finding someone who has lots of experience with both the eyelid injections and the DermaSculpt micro-cannula.

Best of luck to you.

Filling the tear troughs to look less tired

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I believe in your case, you would likely benefit from a filler such as Restylane for your tear troughs to reduce the appearance of looking tired. This is a very delicate area, so make sure that a highly trained physician such as a dermatologist is injecting you to optimize results and safety.

Benjamin Barankin, MD, FRCPC
Toronto Dermatologic Surgeon

Fillers for under eye area

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I think you would be a great candidate for restylane to the under eye area. However, I would also use voluma to build your cheeks and since that can give a good amount of lift, you probably wouldn't need a lot of restylane injected. I don't like injecting a lot of filler under the eyes because the skin is thin and the filler can easily form lumps or even be visible if injected too superficially. Make sure you find a board certified plastic surgeon or dermatologist with filler experience to do your injections. Good luck! 

You might also like...

Restylane, Restylane Silk and Belotero can be used in these areas nicely

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Thanks for your question and including the photo – it helps. I would recommend that you consult with a
board-certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon to learn the best options for you. These will include
fillers, and both Restylane and Belotero can be used in these areas with very nice results given by skilled
injectors. In addition, we have a new filler now available, called Restylane Silk, just FDA approved, which,
when given by someone trained in its proper injection technique, has shown to give great results in this
In addition, there are other procedures that can help here, including the non-ablative fractional lasers, the
ablative fractional lasers, and the RF sublative devices as well as the RF microneedling devices. Once
again, with a proper consultation, you and your doctor can decide the best approach or approaches for

Michael Gold, MD
Nashville Dermatologic Surgeon
3.9 out of 5 stars 17 reviews

Am I a good candidate for under eye fillers such as Restylane?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Delicate eyelid skin can appear tired if it is sagging, wrinkles, dark or hollow. Depending which issues you have, radiofrequency laser, Fraxel® laser or Restylane® injections (or a combination of 2 or 3 of these) may be right for you. Consult a board-certified Dermatologist for a complete evaluation and eye rejuvenation plan that is right for you.

Manjula Jegasothy, MD
Miami Dermatologist

Filler is a great idea, but be careful

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
A filler like Restylane could be injected to the line under your eyes known as the tear trough.  Doing this would help smooth out the skin under your eyes and make them look less puffy.  In doing so, it will help you look less tired.  Please make sure that you go to a reputable doctor with a lot of experience in this area.  the skin under the eye is very thin and injecting too much filler can need to bumpy, uneven, and swollen skin.  Good luck!

Restylane for Under Eye Filler

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
There are great non-surgical options to fill in under eye depressions and hollowness. Using dermal fillers, a liquid eyelift can be performed. Dermal filler such as Restylane would be placed in the cheek and tear trough to hide the depression or bag underneath your eye. This can smooth the area and make the eyes appear more awake.

I believe in injecting with a blunt tipped cannula in this region to decrease the chance of bruising.  

I hope this helps.  

Am I a good candidate for under eye fillers such as Restylane? (Photo) ....or Voluma?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi Tracy,

If you were my patient I would likely treat you with one syringe of Voluma to your cheeks.  It is amazing how rejuvenating Voluma is when properly used.  Good luck and be well, most importantly enjoy your youth!

Dr. P

Michael A. Persky, MD
Encino Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.8 out of 5 stars 36 reviews

Fillers for tear trough

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Yes, it appears from the photo that you would be a good candidate for fillers in this area.  I've used both Belotero or Restylane for this area.

Ted Brezel, MD
Long Island Dermatologic Surgeon

Tear Trough Injections

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Tear trough injections are one of my favorite cosmetic areas since the results can be so wonderful after a single treatment.  You do not have deep tear troughs so I might consider Belotero for your eyes.  Please consult a board certified dermatologist with experience with this delicate under eye area for the best cosmetic results.

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.