Do I need a breast lift revision? (photos)

Had Lipo and Breast lift ( 5 months ago) I feel like my breast are dropping again. I do not have implants. Do I appear to need an additional breast lift! Thanks again for responding. I truly appreciate it.

Results after mastopexy

Thank you for your questions and pictures. I think you have a very nice result from mastopexy. I would not recommend any repeat surgery. Perhaps what you are seeing is not coming through in the photographs. I would discuss this with your plastic surgeon who will have the benefit of your history and a physical exam. Best of luck!

Breast Lift Surgery.

Hello and thank you for your question.  Actually, a common one at that.

The pictures do show that you are lifted and appear much improved over your pre-operative shape.  However, with you and a lot of patients, there is some natural relaxation that occurs and causes some loss of upper fullness.  It does happen is spite of the procedure being performed correctly.

It is the most frustrating aspect of breast lift surgery.  Remember that the reason why one needs a lift is because of thin skin and loss of elasticity as well as weight of breast tissue.  I tell my patients that I can lift any breast; i just do not have an operation that gives them stronger and more elastic skin.

My advice is to wait for one year to see what happens and discuss your concerns with your surgeon now to get his or her advice on this matter.

Best of luck to you. 

Dr Spies 

Robert J. Spies, MD
Paradise Valley Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and photos.  It appears that you have achieved improvement in the appearance of your breasts based on your before and after photos.  Although I do not think that it would be worth undergoing a revision right now, you should wait a few more months to determine if and how your breasts change in order to see if this would be a consideration in the future.

Dr. Results
Miami, FL

Breast lift revision?

What you are experiencing is a normal post lift drop. It is nothing unusual. In terms of revision, I would suggest that you wait at least a year and if you still not happy with the "lift" then speak with your surgeon about a revision.
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Breasts settling after breast lift with implant augmentation

This is a normal and expected drop following settling of your breasts. Please see examples of beast lift with implant augmentation below. If you want further lift, you have to wait at least 1 year.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

As stated by other surgeons, you should wait a full year to get your complete results then make an appointment with your surgeon and discuss your concerns. 

From your photos you have had a great result! Breasts naturally relax throughout the healing process, but what I recommend to my patients who are feeling that their breasts are not full enough at the top is to consider getting an implant. If that is something you are interested in, you can schedule a consultation with your Board Certified Plastic Surgeon of choice and the two of you can devise a plan of action and go from there. 

I wish you the best of luck!

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Re Lifting

Wait a year... they look great!  Lifting is tightening, which will relax... Even the tightest lift will relax... going back too soon is wasted... If it is not perfect for you, go back and ask your Plastic Surgeon... redoing it can usually be done in the office under local. 

Thomas D Toohey, MD
Newport Beach Plastic Surgeon

The initial swelling from your procedure has now completely resolved and the tissue has settled into place.  Overall, the nipples are in good position and the shape is reasonably natural.  I would recommend waiting at least a year before considering an additional tightening procedure.  Best of luck.

Do I need a breast lift revision?

Dear StartingOver15,
Your early results look great and your nipple position looks appropriate. At some point all mastopexy patients will likely benefit from a re-tightening of their skin, but I would hold off before making any kind of decision for a revision now. 

Stacey Folk, MD
Denver Plastic Surgeon

Do I need a breast lift revision?

Thank you for your question and photos.  You have a nice result, with improvement from your old breasts.  The question of whether to have a revision depends on your goals and what you're looking for.  Are you looking to be perkier? smaller?  Please have a thorough discussion with your surgeon regarding your concerns.  Otherwise, I think you have a very nice result!  Good luck!

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS