Can You Get in a Sauna After Getting Saline Breast Implants ? and How Long After ?

You should be able to do so I see no reason not to do so! As long as it is safe to stay in for any other person!

I would wait at least 10-14 days after surgery. Let the wounds heal first!

I would not recommend sitting in the tub or jacuzzi for at least 3-4 weeks!

Good Luck!

Sauna after breast implants

Once you are fully healed, there should be no reason you cannot get into a sauna or continue with any of the activities you are used to.  I allow my patients to get in a sauna, pool, bath, ocean when I am comfortable the incision is fully healed.  Your surgeon will let you know when you are able to do these things but if you heal perfectly it could be as soon as a few weeks after surgery.

Albert Dabbah, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Sauna or steam

Steam rooms, saunas, jacuzzi's, hot baths will not affect your implants wheather they are saline or silicone gel. Your core body temperature (where the implants are) will remain within a few degrees of normal regardless of the outside temperature. Silicone by the way can withstands large degrees of heat without degradation or breakdown.

Saunas following breast augmentation.

Once you are fully healed, I see no reason why you could not go in a sauna. This would typically be around 4 weeks on average.

David Bogue, MD
Boca Raton Plastic Surgeon

Sauna and breast implants

You may want to wait several weeks after your augmentation before getting into the sauna.  This way, your incisions should be well healed by then and the heat should have little impact on your scarring.

Sauna after surgery

I would avoid saunas until you are completely healed. This may take about 3-4 weeks.  I would not go in too soon.