What facial feminization procedures would I benefit from the most? (Photo)

Is a hairline advancement/forhead reductuon possible with my level of recession? I have had some regrowth with hormones, but would like to have a more feminine hairline without follicular transplant if possible. My major areas of concern are my hairline, by brow, and my nose, but would consider jaw reconstruction if it would produce good results and makes sense to perform at the same time.

Facial feminization

I would definitely agree with the procedures you have chosen. I would add cheek implants to improve the contour and reflection of the light into your eyes- that all to make your eyes more noticeable. Otherwise all the procedures you chose are right on!

Jupiter Facial Plastic Surgeon

FFS Facial feminization surgery

Thank you for your question and photos. The feminine face has several key subtle features that we aim to emphasize in facial feminization surgery (FFS). A forehead reduction combined with scalp advancement and browlift as well as bony contouring (all through one incision) can be done and will advance the hairline forward. The degree of advacement will depend on several factors including laxity etc which is determined during the consultation. You have a nice nose now but a slighty smaller nose will look more feminine. Some jaw contouring on the sides of the jaw as well as chin area will help decrease the masculinity of the lower face. Combining these will save you some cost and recovery time but you do not have to do them at the same time. Good luck.

Jeffrey Jumaily, MD
Toronto Facial Plastic Surgeon

Advance that hairline

Jane, A hairline advancement is just that, an advancement.  Your surgeon can give you a better idea of exactly how much movement you can expect based on factors like how loose your scalp is, etc.  No matter what, though, your hairline will be lower.  If the end result is not quite as low as you would like, you can always have a few additional hair grafts added.  If you elect to have additional grafts you will need much less than you would have if you hadn't done the advancement.  So if you are planning to have the brow adjusted, I would have your hairline advanced at the same time.  Jaw and chin contouring would also make a big difference for you.  I tell patients that the main benefit of doing this procedure at the same time as others is that you only have one recovery period.  Often the jaw swelling takes the longest to go away, so it may make this first recovery period a little longer.  At least, though, you don't have to go through everything again in a few months or years.  Good luck with your journey. Bryan Rolfes, MD

Bryan Rolfes, MD
Minneapolis Otolaryngologist

Facial feminization surgery?

Hairline lowering with an Irregular Trichophytic Forehead Lift and boney orbital contouring is a procedure we developed 35 years ago. If properly done you should not see the scar. Also a feminizing rhinoplasty can be done with chin reduction etc Youcansee many TG examples on my website and others. Choose a surgeon who does several of these per week and has naturals results and will let you see patients he has done.