I would like a comment on the safety and effectiveness of at home Fraxel such as Tria. Any suggestions?

I have fair skin and stay out of the sun. Are any of them better than the others?

Facial Aging and Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels, Fillers, Skin Care, Face Lift, Fat Injections

Lasers done by a  well trained laser physician do a significant amount more than anything at home. I suggest you speak to a cosmetic expert for a consultation.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fraxel vs Tria

Thank you for your question.  There is no such thing as "at home Fraxel."  Fraxel is a brand of very powerful lasers that fractionalize the laser light into thousands of tiny beams of light, leaving skin cells untreated between these beams.  These untreated cells allow for faster healing, more effective results and make the treatment much safer.Tria is an extremely mild, low level light based treatment that MIGHT get you some minimal results, if any.   

Lorrie Klein, MD
Laguna Niguel Dermatologic Surgeon