1 weak growth after FUE. Any suggestions? (photos)

1.what is the turning point after hair transplant is it 3 months or 6 or 9? 2.if im now 5 months after my 4000 grafts and saw little growh what i would expect in the few coming months? 3.is any way to improve results as plasma injection minoxidil finasteride or any supplement? Thanks.

1 week after hair transplant

Youo can expect growth anytime between month 4-6 and 80% of the growth by the 8th month to a styling length

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you are concerned about what to do, it is best to ask your doctor.

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you are concerned about what to do, it is best to ask your doctor.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Post FUE expectations

The way that I like to explain it to my patients is this - between 6 and 9 months you will have some hair that you can style, reaching about 80% by 8-9 months.  full 100% at a year.  You can begin doing romaine (minoxidil) treatments once the crusting falls off the recipient sites and the redness has faded (usually two weeks).  Finasteride you can start same time, and PRP I usually wait 6 weeks until after the hairs have gone out of their telogen phase to wake them up if you need.  Honestly though, patience is all you need after a hair transplant! All these treatments may increase how fast things grow by a month or maybe two at most, there is no magic wand unfortunately.  Give it some time, enjoy your new hair, and best of luck!

Miguel Mascaro, MD
Delray Beach Facial Plastic Surgeon