Undercorrected left eye after ptosis repair (external levator resection)? (Photo)

I had unilateral ptosis repair surgery two months ago. During the first week post op I was thought to be overcorrected so I was massaging the eyelid for about 10 days to bring it down a little. Now I'm two months post op and I feel like my left eye is smaller than my right again. Do I need revisional surgery or is the residual swelling causing this? Because sometimes it looks smaller and sometimes it doesn't. The images were taken at different times and from different angles.

Ptosis Repair

Hi sj78,

Thanks for your question and excellent photos. Looking at the pictures, I can appreciate that the amount of residual ptosis is variable. It would be helpful to see what your pre-operative picture looked like. Obtaining 100% symmetry can be very difficult with subtle residual ptosis so I am not sure that I would recommend a revision at this point. I would recommend you follow up with your surgeon and discuss your concerns. I hope this helps!