Post acne scars treatment; found dermatologist using CUTERA laser device, is this device effective to get rid of scars? (Photos)

I have severe post acne scars which are red but non inflammatous I found dermatologist using CUTERA laser device,is this device effective to get rid of scars.

​Improving Skin Texture with the PicoFOCUS

I can appreciate your concerns and address them with our patients daily.  We have had great success treating texture issues, including acne scars on all skin types with the PicoSure Laser with the FOCUS lens array.  We normally recommend a series of 4 treatments, once  every 4 weeks.  This treatment is non-ablative and has almost no downtime.  You will typically have a flushed complexion for 0-2 hours.  You can put your make-up on and go back to work.  After your initial visit, a typical PicoFOCUS appointment is less than 1 hour. 

The PicoFOCUS gently delivers bursts of energy deep in the dermis without causing harm to the overlaying skin.  The pulses work to break up pigment and stimulates new collagen and elastin production.  Your body’s own healing process sweeps away older, damaged tissue and ramps up skin turnover.  We sometimes pair the PicoFOCUS with a Pelleve treatment for additional skin tightening.

We recommend finding an experienced physician in your area.  Treatment prices vary by market.

Fort Worth Physician

Microneedling

Hi there, I've found microneedling more effective for this than anything else. It stimulates collagen under the skin and gets rid of acne scars. Usually a series of 3 treatments spaced 1 month apart are recommended.

Justin Harper, MD
Columbus Physician