Pain after vapor liposuction to back and abdomen. Any suggestions?

I had vasor liposuction one month ago excactly I did my whole back and my whole abdomin but till now I have a lot of pain in both areas when I stand up from a sitting or laying position I need to know for who long and is age a reason for that I'm 56 years old

#Vaser Hi Definition Liposculpture/ #Liposuction/#Body Contouring with Fat Grafting/ #BBL/Revision Liposuction

I appreciate your question. Since there has been a change in your post op course, please contact your surgeon so he/she can examine you and recommend the most appropriate treatment plan at this time. The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam. Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery. Best of luck! Dr. Schwartz Board Certified Plastic Surgeon Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute #RealSelf100Surgeon

Pain after Vaser

You did not simply have liposuction. VASER is a focused ultrasound energy designed to emulsify fat during which it produces a great deal of heat. We have no idea what the extent of your surgery was and what settings of VASER were used by your surgeon. VASER produces a deep burn but the extent of the thermal injury depends on the procedure. Having significant pain one month later is not expected if the settings were pulsed (VASER) at less than 60% and one minute per 100 cc of infiltrate solution. Please check with your surgeon.

Edwin Ishoo, MD
Cambridge Facial Plastic Surgeon

Recover post Vser lipposuction

I am sorry to hear that you having difficult time following your surgery.
A study shown that most people recover by day 42 following Vaser but some  feeling of prickling, itch or burning is reported by some for few months and normally indicative of nerve ending regrowing back after being disrupted after surgery.
Please see you surgeon he/she might be able to prescribe you some medication to help.

Pain After Liposuction

Normal to have pain after liposuction. The first 24-48 hours are usually the worst. Pain varies from patient to patient. A large part of pain is mind over matter. It is normal to still have some soreness at 4-6 weeks. This soreness usually comes when changing positions - going from lying down to sitting or from sitting to standing. This pain can also occur with high impact exercises even after 6 weeks, especially in the flanks/love handles area. Wearing a compression garment 24-7 except when showering for the first 6 weeks will help with swelling, and as a result pain. Supplements such as arnica and bromelain can also help with swelling, thereby decreasing pain. You're still recovering. It wall take up 6 months for the swelling to resolve and sometimes even up to 12 months, especially with Vaser. Share your concerns with your surgeon. You may want to use non-narcotics to help ameliorate your pain - Ultram, Ibuprofen, Tylenol, etc. if you need more pain medication. Discuss this with your surgeon. Hang in there, it will get better!

Millicent Odunze-Geers, MD, MPH
Sacramento Physician