It has been around 4 months now since my surgery and some of the grafts even started growing. Can I shave with a razor?

I had a beard transplant about 4 months ago in turkey and started shaving with an electric shaver after the first month and continued to do so till now My doctor recommended that i don't use a razor to shave till after the 8th month as a minimum and if i waited for a year would be even better before a razor could be used or grafts would be damaged I badly want to use a razor to shave it and make it disappear for now and i think my doctor is a bit exaggerating in that 8 months period to wait for

Using Razors

Most of the time it's fine to start getting regular haircuts after a few weeks past the date of the transplant. Waiting 8 months is more than enough. After a month or two most doctors say you can treat your transplanted hair exactly the same as you would treat your natural hair, including haircuts. Not sure why your doctor has asked you to wait so long, it may be worth asking about.

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

Using Razors

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Santa Monica Hair Restoration Surgeon

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you want to cut or shave your hair, there should be no issues.

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you want to cut or shave your hair, there should be no issues.

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Jae Pak, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shaving

I am not sure why your surgeon wanted you to wait to shave until 8 months, every surgeon is different. Your transplanted follicles are secure by now.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

Shaving

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

4 months following a beard transplant

At this point in time you can do whatever you want, shave with a razor blade or an electric razor without difficulty as you should be normal

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

4 months following a beard transplant

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon