It has been around 4 months now since my surgery and some of the grafts even started growing. Can I shave with a razor?

I had a beard transplant about 4 months ago in turkey and started shaving with an electric shaver after the first month and continued to do so till now My doctor recommended that i don't use a razor to shave till after the 8th month as a minimum and if i waited for a year would be even better before a razor could be used or grafts would be damaged I badly want to use a razor to shave it and make it disappear for now and i think my doctor is a bit exaggerating in that 8 months period to wait for

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results. If you want to cut or shave your hair, there should be no issues.

It can take 6 to 12 months after surgery to see results.  If you want to cut or shave your hair, there should be no issues.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Shaving

I am not sure why your surgeon wanted you to wait to shave until 8 months, every surgeon is different. Your transplanted follicles are secure by now.

Rae Lynne Kinler, MD
Chicago Physician

4 months following a beard transplant

At this point in time you can do whatever you want, shave with a razor blade or an electric razor without difficulty as you should be normal

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon