Hair Transplant- Delay or Not? (photos)

I am currently 22. Right now, I still have hair in my frontal region (please see the photo attached). I expect these hair to fall off in the next few months. I personally feel that its better to perform the hair transplant after the hair has completely fallen off (perhaps in December) so that the hair present in the frontal area do not interfere with the surgery. Is it better to wait for hair to completely fall off or can I proceed with the hair transplant right now?

The decision to have surgery is based on a consultation with a doctor. You don't need to wait to losing all your hair.

The decision to have surgery is based on a consultation with a doctor.  You don't need to wait to losing all your hair.  You need to understand what a hair transplant can do with respect to your goals.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Should you wait for a hair transplant?

I would recommend you see a dermatologist in your area to discuss medical therapies for hair loss initially. At age 22, your rate of loss, your amount of loss, etc is very unpredictable. If you can try medical therapies first and it gives you a satisfactory result that is a better route for someone at your young age.

Dow Stough, MD
Hot Springs National Park Dermatologic Surgeon

22 years old with extensive balding

I would first try the drug finasteride in the hope that it will bring back your hair. It is worth a try as your hair requirements will be great. If after one year,  you don't get enough of your hair back. see a hair restoration surgeon and get an opinion

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Hair Transplant- Delay or Not? (photos)

Greetings
Thank you for your question, Many patient would prefer for the hair to completely fall as the area which transplant is not performed, the best solution is to do the operation as soon as possible you should not wait for to loss the rest of the haır, we have a techinque that prevents the haır from falling whıch called Organıc haır Transplant. for more ınformatıon kındly check the lıng below.

Bulent Cihantimur, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon