Is this Gynecomastia? (photo)

I have had man boobs since I was 10 I'm now 19 years old and it has been increasing.. I was never really overweight I'm 170 pounds and 6 foot. What can be done about this? Thanks.

Gynecomastia--what does it look like?

Thank you for your question and the photo.  It does appear that you have bilateral gynecomastia, which is enlargement of the male breasts.  Seek consultation with a board-certified plastic surgeon.  Your options include liposuction and/or some direct excision of the breast tissue (cutting out the tissue through a small incision).  I expect you would be happy with your results!

Severe gynecomastia Saudi

It looks like your gynecomastia is severe and therefor you better of seeing a real gynecomastia expert.We do have many patients who travel from your area.

How should I choose a surgeon?Selecting a surgeon is as important a choice as the decision to undergo surgery. Choose carefully. The decision is yours. What follows is some advice to assist in making your selection.
1. Experience matters. Choosing a surgeon who has performed over one thousand gynecomastia cases increases the likelihood that they have seen a case similar to yours in the past. Selecting a surgeon whose practice is focused on gynecomastia exclusively is also an indicator of experience.
2. Results matter. The more before-and-after pictures a surgeon displays, the better. Pay attention not just to the number of pictures, but whether the surgeon is confident enough to show multiple angles of the same patient.
3. Reviews matter. Have patients reviewed your surgeon? Did those patients undergo the surgery you are considering?
4. Expertise matters. Is your surgeon recognized by the profession as an authority in the field? Are they certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery? Have they authored books or medical journal articles regarding your surgery?
We hope these guidelines are of assistance when you are selecting your surgeon. When undergoing surgery, it is very important to be realistic about your expectations. Past results are not a guarantee of future results. Also, revision surgery tends to be significantly more difficult than initial surgery.

Mordcai Blau, MD

Consulting with a Board Certified Surgeon May Better Determine

According to official statistics, 36% of adult young men and 57% of older #adult men in the United States have this medical condition in one of the four grades. About 200,000 to 3 million cases of #gynecomastia are being reported every single year. So if you have #breast #enlargement and you feel you're an exception, please understand that 1 in 3 young adult #men and 1 in 2 older adult men are just like you and have breast enlargement. 

There are three types of surgical treatment options available that treat gynecomastia. Your board-certified plastic surgeon will recommend the type best suited for you. The most important decision to be made before performing any surgical procedure is determining whether you are an ideal candidate. Weight, and more specifically body mass index (BMI), need to be considered when deciding.
Consulting with a board-certified plastic surgeon is highly suggested in order to determine if you are a surgery candidate and what treatments are best for you.

Gynecomastia

Thank you for your question and pictures.  It does appear that you have gynecomastia.  If you have had gynecomastia for nine years, it is best that you see a board certified plastic surgeon if you would like to remove breast tissue through surgery.

Dr. JSB