What should I expect from surgery to fix a deviated nose? (Photo)

I have a deviated nose from multiple traumas to my nose and I have breathing difficulties ,I would like both the appearance and the breathing difficulties to be adrrssed however I am scared about surgeory that it may make my nose worse, what are the dangerous and what can I expect? Thanks

Nasal surgery

A good rhinoplasty surgeon can address and enhance the external appearance of the nose as well as improve your breathing with the procedure.  Look for a board certified surgeon who does frequent nasal surgery for the best outcome.  Good luck.  Donald R. Nunn MD  Atlanta Plastic Surgeon

Find a Facial Plastic Surgeon when doing a Both

When undergoing a repair of your septum and the external part of you nose you should find a facial plastic surgeon. There are some plastic surgeons that are also knowledgeable of both. The training of the facial plastic surgeon  involves many intranasal surgeries as well as external surgeries. If you find an experience facial plastic surgery it is very likely that you'll get a good result when doing your septorhinoplasty.

Carlos Wolf, MD
Miami Facial Plastic Surgeon

What should I expect from surgery to fix a deviated nose?

You would expect to have your difficulties corrected after your surgery. I would suggest you find a Plastic Surgeon in your locality who carries out septorhinoplasty procedures frequently, and have a consultation with him. That would give you the opportunity to discuss your concerns and what to expect in the period before, during and after your surgery.

Kind regards.

Rhinoplasty options

Thank you for the question and photo.  The cause of your deviated nose is most likely primarily caused by nasal bones being fractured at some point.  These nasal bones can be rebroken and shifted back toward their more normal anatomic position.  Breathing may be improved by this alone but I always address all three areas of potential nasal breathing problems at the same time including:
-deviated septum
-narrow internal nasal valve
-enlarged turbinates

If all of this is done, it is almost guaranteed that your breathing will be significantly better and you nose should be significantly more straight.

Dr. Remus Repta

Remus Repta, MD

Septorhinoplasty for breathing

Septal deviation is common and can be corrected with minimal downtime to improve the functional aspects of breathing. 

Dr. Karamanoukian
Los Angeles

Raffy Karamanoukian, MD, FACS