My dentist recommends replacing Invisalign every 10 days!

Hi Since the beginig of my invisalign..my doctor told my that i should replace the aligner every 10 days! Last visit she even reduced it to one week! Im wearing my 3rd aligner now but i never did what she asked me to do...I always keep them for two weeks! Should I follow her instructions? Or I should keep on what is usually recommended by invisalign?

When to change out #Invisalign trays #DrSoftTouch

Hello there,
It is important to move your teeth at a consistent, gentle pace. Planned tooth movements are based on 22 hours of wear per day for 2 weeks with each aligner. Aligners may feel loose before the two weeks us up due to movement of the crown portion of the tooth, but root movement may not have occurred as wanted. By changing your trays early, you risk trays not fitting properly when you are farther along in treatment. I do not recommend switching trays before two weeks to ensure optimal results, and I would recommend speaking with your Invisalign provider about your concerns. Good luck and I hope this helps. Follow me if you have more questions.

Sarah Thompson, DMD
St. Louis, MO area (O'Fallon, IL)
Real Self 100