Using Bio Derma (sunscreen) on my head after 25 days hair transplant. (photos)

Is it ok if i wanna use sunscreen on my head after 25 days of hair transplant because i've to expose to sun as a work needs ! What is the recomended sunscreen after hair transplant not harming my grafts!

It is always a good idea to use sunscreen when you are out in the sun. There is no particular brand required after a hair trans

It is always a good idea to use sunscreen when you are out in the sun.  There is no particular brand required after a hair transplant surgery.

Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon

Sun screen after a hair surgery

Using sunscreens after hair transplant procedure or a strip surgery should be started after two weeks following the hair transplant. procedure. Prior to this point, the scalp is still in the process of healing. Once the wounds have closed, at around fourteen days, it would be relatively safe to start using sunscreen lotion of at least an SPF 30Sunscreen acts as a protective barrier to prevent further complications after a hair restoration procedure.  Using sunscreens after Fue  hair transplant should be done on a daily basis, it would also be best to cover the head with some type of hat for stronger protection.

All the best

Ilker Apaydin, MD
Turkey Plastic Surgeon

Sun screen after a hair transplant

I actually recommend the use of sunscreen after a hair transplant as the grafts can get damaged from UV light

William Rassman, MD
Los Angeles Hair Restoration Surgeon