Can I have an armpit brachioplasty? (photo)

Can I have an armpit brachioplasty? My weight is stable now .. It's 74 kg

Treating upper arm skin excess

Thank you for your post. Your photo clearly demonstrates skin laxity that extends down to the elbow region and therefore the brachioplasty incision will also need to extend that far as well. A short-scar / armpit brachioplasty would likely be disappointing.

Richmond Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift

An "armpit" or limited scar arm lift combined with liposuction can improve your appearance but would not be able to fully to contour your arm as well as a full scar arm lift.  Be sure to consult with an experienced board certified plastic surgeon.  Good luck! 

Zachary Farris, MD, FACS

Brachioplasty

Based off of the picture you provided you look to be a great candidate for a brachioplasty. As long as your weight is stable and this is the goal weight you plan to maintain you should be ready for surgery! The brachioplasty will address the hanging skin you have acquired from the weight loss as well as some fatty tissue that may remain. I wish you well and hope for great results for you.

John W. Tyrone, MD
Gainesville Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift or Brachioplasty

Thank you for your question and picture. An arm lift, or brachioplasty, is a surgical procedure that reduces excess sagging skin that droops downward, tightens and smoothes the underlying supportive tissue that defines the shape of the upper arm, and reduces localized pockets of fat in the upper arm region. I use a combination of liposuction as well as direct excision of the loose skin and fat. The combination of these two procedures does an excellent job at both tightening the skin and improving the contour of your upper arm. The scars are well concealed on the undersurface of your arm.  If your weight has been stable for the past six months and you're able to maintain your current weight, you should enjoys excellent results!

John L. Clayton, MD, PhD, MPH
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon

Arm lift

Thank you for your question and picture, you have a lot of lose skin and the armpit brachioplasty will not remove most of it, I would recommend long scar procedure which would get rid of the excess skin, and also the scar will be well hidden,consult carefully with a board certified PS,good luck!

Arm pit brachioplasty ok?

Thank you for asking about your brachioplasty.

• You can definitely have a nice improvement with the bracioplasty.
  • The incision cannot be hidden in the arm pit however -
  • it will lie inside the arm but will be well-concealed.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Can I have an armpit brachioplasty?

Hello Maryami and thanks for sharing this question and your photo. 

It's good that you're at a stable weight. 

I think you're a good candidate for an arm lift.

The best scar is in the back of the arm and it hides very well.

I recommend Embrace Scar Prevention  for best results.

Dr. ALDO

Aldo Guerra, MD

Can I have an armpit brachioplasty?

Thank you for the question and pictures. No, a “mini” or "arm pit" arm lift procedure will not leave you with a satisfactory athletic result. Best to seek consultation with board-certified plastic surgeons who can demonstrate significant experience achieving the types of outcomes you will be pleased with.  Learn about the pros/cons/possible risks/complications associated with the procedure as well. You may find the attached link, dedicated to arm lifting surgery concerns, helpful to you as you learn more.