2 months post op, my nipples are still puffy and folding. Is this normal? (photos)

I had gyno surgery before 2 months nearly n I'm not satisfied yet n fellin worried coz I has 2 shapes of nipple...one luks like as its folding n another still puffy when I touch de puffy nipple or whn it feels cold it becomes normal donno what to do doctor said to come after 3 months that was his answer only?

2 Months Post Op and Nipples are Still Puffy and Folding

Your incisions will go through a maturation #process following #Gynecomastia #surgery. For the first few months they will be red and possibly raised and/or firm. As the scar matures, after 6-12 months, it becomes soft, pale, flat, and much less noticeable. You may experience numbness, tingling, burning, “crawling”, or other peculiar sensations around the surgical area. This is a result of the #healing of tiny fibers which are trapped in the incision site. These symptoms will disappear. Some people are prone to keloids, which is an abnormal scar that becomes prominent. If you or a blood relative has a tendency to keloid formation, please inform the doctor.

Also, as you heal, the area may feel “lumpy” and irregular. This, too, decreases with time, and massaging these areas will help soften the scar tissue. The #compression garment helps reduce the swelling, and the longer it is worn, the more quickly you will #heal. It can also assist in the retraction of the skin. If you have any concerns about #healing, its best to ask questions of your surgeon or their nursing staff.

Asymmetric Nipples After Gynecomastia Surgery

Hi deepak1993,

At two months you are still relatively early in the healing process. You can still be experiencing swelling which can account for the puffiness. As for the nipple folding in (referred to as nipple inversion), if this is new since surgery then it is either due to scar tissue pulling the nipple inward or remopval of too much tissue under the nipple. I would suggest holding off on any intervention until you are 6 months.

Sincerely,

Dr. Dadvand

Babak Dadvand, MD

2 months post op, my nipples are still puffy and folding. Is this normal?

More photos would be helpful, but it looks like there may still be some glandular tissue remaining under the nipple and areola. How were you treated, Liposuction? Direct excision through a peri-areolar incision? An examination is necessary to palpate the tissues to determine what tissues are present under the skin and areola.

Joel Patrick Maier, MD
Cincinnati Plastic Surgeon