Breast reconstruction: How is surgical removal of a seroma done?

I developed a seroma after TRAM flap surgery. My plastic surgeon has tried everything to make it heal to no advail. He has decided on surgery. What am I to expect.

Thank you for your question. Sorry to hear you are having problems. Without some details about your surgery and your post-op issues, it can be hard to give you any solid advice. For example, where is the seroma located? How long has it been there? What methods have been used to treat it? 

Sometimes, post-op seromas can be difficult to deal with and take some time to resolve. They can even require repeat surgery. This usually includes removing the seroma cavity and placing another surgical drain. Best to talk to your surgeon about the details and ask him or her your questions.