Pain under left breast. Am I bottoming out? (Photo)

I am 29 years old, 5'9 and 170lbs. My natural breasts were a 38C and i had 550 cc put in. My left breast on the bottom hurts. Am i bottoming out? I wish i had gone bigger than 550cc but my sureon would not let me. I want a revision to 800cc is that ideal? Also i was not given a bra after surgery just a tanktop. I feel like im sagging too much already. These pictures are 5 months post op. Thank you so much!

No bottoming out seen

I do not see any bottoming out in your photos.  Bottoming out happens when your implant descends and falls below your natural breast tissue

Find a new surgeon that will give you the outcome that YOU want

You do not appear to be bottoming out. If your surgeon would not let you pick the size you should have found another surgeon.  They are, after all, your breasts.  I don't use bras after surgery.  That is not your problem.  After breast augmentation I find no particular advantage to the use of surgical bras. In fact, I find that they can do more harm than good. They hold the implants too high, preventing them from dropping into position. In addition, they can put pressure on the healing breast or the wound. They provide no advantage. If the surgery was performed correctly, external appliances after surgery are unnecessary to achieve the appropriate final implant position. At one month we allow the patients to wear a soft cup bra with no underwire. At two months, they can wear any bra with a wire without push up. Before three months it is not wise to buy a whole new set of bras. By six months, the bra size is not going to change. You need to try bras on. Being measured is almost never productive and almost always oversizes. Find the ones that you like the way they fit.

Pain/size increase

Any new, unexplained pain should be shared with your Plastic Surgeon. 

As for a size increase, you could discuss considerations for larger implants as well once you are completely healed but if you are unhappy with the level of sagging you currently have, you should expect further sagging with 800cc implants and this may lead to less satisfaction with the appearance of your breasts.

I recommend that you talk to your Plastic Surgeon about recommended support bras.

All the best

Breast Augmentation Results

From your photos, it appears that you may have needed some skin tightening at the time of your surgery. Large implants in excess skin tend to sag with time. Larger implants will only do the same. You should consider the possibility of a lifting procedure to give you the look of larger, more youthful breasts rather than larger, heavier implants. 

Continue to follow up with your surgeon to ensure that you progress as planned.
Vincent Marin, MD

Vincent P. Marin, MD

Not bottoming out

It does not appear that your implants are "bottoming out". You appear to have some tubular characteristics to your breasts and a widened intermammary distance. Larger implants are not likely to do anything other than precipitate your need for a breast lift. I would recommend not increasing your implant size. You will need to have an exam with your surgeon to determine the cause of the discomfort that you are experiencing.

Wm. Todd Stoeckel, MD
Raleigh-Durham Plastic Surgeon

BBA

I don't think you're bottoming out but your skin envelope is stretching thus resulting in the dreaded sag. You should see your surgeon in person to discuss your options. All the best. 

The foregoing information provided is not intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice, it is provided for educational purposes only.
You assume full responsibility for how you choose to use this information.
Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified healthcare provider before starting any new treatment or discontinuing an existing treatment. Talk with your healthcare provider about any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.

Asif Pirani, MD, FRCS(C)

Not bottoming out

You are not bottoming out. The implants appear centered side to side and from the profile up and down as well. You have very wide cleavage and lateral (wide set) breasts. A larger and therefore wider implant will aid in narrowing cleavage and providing additional superior fullness. It will lose some durability however. Best to discuss with a breast expert. All the best. 

Pain under left breast. Am I bottoming out?

I appreciate your question.

I recommend you follow up with your plastic surgeon to discuss your left breast pain and discuss your concerns/options.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative breast surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Without viewing pre-op pictures and physical examination, it is hard to know whether you are experiencing a breast implant displacement ("bottoming out") problem. However, your description is consistent with this type of simple displacement problem.

Based on your photographs, you may benefit from revisionary breast surgery; this operation may involve adjustment breast implant capsules (capsulorraphy).   This type of revisionary breast surgery may improve the position of your breast implants on your chest wall and may serve to alleviate discomfort. You may find the attached link, dedicated to "bottoming out" surgical correction helpful to you as you learn more. Best wishes.

Bigger implants don't take the place of a lift

Hi, I have attached a link that might be helpful...

Hi businessfirst2016.  Thank you for your photos.  Unfortunately, they don't give enough information to tell if you are bottoming out or not.  While an 800 cc implant will give you more volume, you won't see significant lifting.  The pain needs to be evaluated before any secondary surgery. Wear a supportive bra. Have another visit with your plastic surgeon, let them workup the pain, and review your desired shape & size-you may be better off with a lift.  Good luck!