I'm 2 days post op and experiencing Lower abdomen / incision pain since day of surgery .

Is this normal ? According to the many experiences shared here I didn't find any one complaining of a similar pain. While I feel the MR tightened muscles ,it's more bearable than my lower abdomen pain. I see my PS tomorrow but just hoping I could get answers earlier because it's an extreme pain, I'm even on 5 mg mor phone + Advil /Tylenol alternating every three hours.

2 days postop and having pain

For the most part, it sounds as though the pain your are experiencing is normal, it is just that everyone has a different level of postoperative pain.  It also could be that you need to be prescribed a different type of pain medicine as not everyone reacts the same way to every pain medicine.  If you feel you can wait to see your plastic surgeon until tomorrow, then you should be OK, but if you feel the pain is too intense then it might be best to call and see if you can be seen today.  Best of luck with your recovery!

Sacramento Plastic Surgeon

Tummy Tuck pain 2 Days Post-op

Pain in the incision area, drain area, or muscle repair is all normal 2 days after a Tummy Tuck. I can not assess the severity of the pain so if you are concerned, you should see your surgeon earlier. You could also try loosening the binder and looking at the area with your surgeon's permission. If you are in doubt, though, have it checked out.

Abdominal pain

If your pain is not effective, I recommend that you contact your Plastic Surgeon's office to ask about alternatives. It is normal to experience the more severe pain for the first 3-5 days. You can expect to start improving soon.

All the best

Pain after abdominoplasty

It sounds like the pain you're experiencing is to be expected after an abdominoplasty. Despite not reading much about the pain after the operation, you certainly can expect the abdomen to be painful for the first couple of days. I would continue to take your pain medication, but call your plastic surgeon should you have any significant concerns.

I wish you the best.

Dr. Gabbay.

Joubin Gabbay, MD

2 days

Pain is to be expected at two days.  And this is the most painful procedure that we as plastic surgeons commonly perform. A call to your surgeon for advice will be more useful that opinions on line in this setting.

All the best.