Can I go in for my second treatment of laser hair removal even though there is little hair growing back?

I had my first laser done on my face on the 20th of June. My facial hair responded very well. All my facial hair shed within two weeks. There is nothing growing back (yet) on my sideburns, only a a few stray hairs on each cheeck. There is minimal regrowth on my chin & upper lip area, the hairs are not as thick. Can I go back on July 16th even with little regrowth? *I think my technician had the laser on a very high power for my first treatment

Frequency of Laser Hair Removal Treatments

Typically with facial hair, treatments can be performed as often as every 4-6 weeks; that being said, you are not even at a full 4 weeks post initial treatment yet. While the re-growth you currently do have could certainly be treated, I would advise giving a bit more time so that you can get the most out of your treatment.

Laser Hair Removal -- Seek an Expert

In my practice I use diode lasers for the best outcome. I typically have patients do every 4 weeks for the first 3 times and then every 4-6 weeks for 3 times after. If you have little to no hair growth, I suggest waiting so you are provided with optimal results.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Second laser hair treatment

I recommend that you wait until hair growth resumes in order to get a good result.  Hair growth rates vary between patients and areas on the body so it is difficult to give you an exact number.  If you go too soon then you will not get the same benefit from the treatment.