How long do most women take off for BA surgery?

Great question!

Many of our patients find they are able to return to light
office work one week after surgery.  It is always best to consult with
your operating surgeon and to follow their unique post operative
instructions.

I wish you well through your procedure and recovery process.

James McAdoo DO FACOS, AOA dual board certified general and plastic reconstructive surgeon.

Time away from work

Hello. Most patients take off about a week after breast augmentation surgery depending upon the demands of their duties. However, if the job involves heavy lifting 2-3 weeks is more appropriate.  

Be well

DrBurnett#realself100

Time off after breast augment

For women with desk jobs, a week is perfectly fine. For those with physically strenuous jobs, such as nurses or policewomen, that more than doubles based on the risks of employment. 

How long do most women take off for breast augmentation surgery

Thank you for your question.  Every patient is unique and recovery time does vary with the individual patient.   It is very important not to underestimate the recovery time that you will need after breast augmentation.  I advised my patients to take a minimum 10 days off from work so that they may recover in a calm comforting environment.  It is not only the discomfort of surgery but also the effects of anesthesia that can make you feel the effects of the procedure.

Breast augmentation

Thank you for your question.  If a patient has an uneventful recovery experience, many of our patients find they are able to return to light office work one week after surgery.  It is always best to consult with your operating surgeon and to follow their unique post operative instructions.

With kind regards,
Lane F. Smith, M.D., F.A.A.C.S., F.A.O.H.N.S., F.A.B.F.P.R.S.

Lane Smith, MD

Time off after BA depends on your job

Most women I see after breast augmentation take one full week off.  I have hairstylists who return after three days, but they limit the number of color clients they see.  This group of women are self employed and don't have sick leave. Massage therapists are on the other end of the spectrum- they return after 7-10 days and limit their schedules even after that.

D'Arcy Honeycutt, MD
Bismarck Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation

Recovery time will vary from person to person and what your daily activity involves.  We tell our patients recovery time is average 7 days for office job or light activities.  It may take 2-6weeks for more strenuous  activities.             

Kevin Dieffenbach, MD
Oahu Island Plastic Surgeon

Then answer, of course, depends on what your job entails. The vast majority of patients that have desk type work without heavy lifting are easily back to work by one week.

Ronald V. DeMars, MD

Time off required after Breast Augmentation Surgery

The average amount of time my Breast Augmentation patients take off is about a week for surgery recovery.  Two days after surgery, the breast wrappings are removed and massage of the breast is instructed.  The continued massage of the breast helps the chest muscles to relax and the implants settle.  It is recommended that my patients do not participate in any aerobic activity that raises the heart rate for 3 weeks.  After surgery I encourage my patients to walk often, hydrate, good nutrition, Vitamin C, and Zinc which all encourage a quicker recovery.

Eric Schaffer, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

How much time off from work?

Thanks for your question!  It depends on the kind of work you do.  If you have a desk job or something that doesn't require vigorous exercise or heavy lifting, 4-7 days is sufficient.  If you have a physical job, I recommend 3 weeks before resuming work.  Good luck!