What would I need and how much time and money? (Photos)

Ive gone from almost 400 lbs to 279 pounds. Im still working towards a goal of 230. During this time my body has changed alot. I lost my butt and no amount of squats is getting it back, breasts sag, one is smaller than the other. Is there away to have a natural breast lift,I don't want implants. how long recovery would be? what kind of body shaping can be done for my butt, chin, back and if a tummytuck is needed, how much it would cost, is there away that insurance would cover any of this?

Candidates for Breast Lift and Cost

Candidates for Breast Lift (#Mastopexy) surgery are women who have #saggingbreasts due to past pregnancies, genetics, or aging. Often times the sagging is too great to be treated by implants alone. Women with asymmetric or enlarged nipples or areolae (pigmented areas around nipples) also may be candidates for a breast lift or a modification of a lift. #Asymmetric breast can be adjusted by adding or removing volume.  One side can be tightened more or less than another.

A mastopexy or breast lift operation is designed to improve the shape and position of the breast without reducing their size. It is used for breasts which sag or droop (ptosis). Sagging of the breasts may occur with normal development for some women, or as part of the aging process. Pregnancy, breast-feeding and weight loss are other conditions which increase breast ptosis. Some patients will have a better shape to their breast such as increased superior fullness if an implant is used at the time of mastopexy. The procedure can also be combined with a minor breast reduction to reduce the breast width if desired. The surgery will create an elevated, more youthful breast contour. Also, the procedure will create nipple and areolae of the desired size and at the correct height. I prefer to  use a #shortscar technique, #LollipopScar or #DonutLift” rather than the majority of surgeons in the United States that use an anchor pattern lift which involve more significant scarring.

Costs will depend on several factors: the geographic location, the skill and experience of the surgeon, and operating room and anesthesia fees.  Approximate costs can be found on the Real Self website, Surgery.org, or PlasticSurgery.org.

Breast Lift / Breast Augmentation/ Breast Implants/ Anatomic Gummy Bear Implants/ Silicone Implants

I appreciate your question.

Congratulations on your weight loss!

For health and safety reasons, best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

Body contouring after weight loss

Thank you for your question.  Congratulations on losing a significant amount of weight, which is no easy task.  I usually recommend getting down to your goal weight and keeping your weight steady for 3-6 months before considering surgery on the abdomen/buttock/trunk area.  Ideally, your BMI would be in the range less than 30 which factors in weight and height.  However, this is not always a realistic goal for many people.  In many patients, the breasts tend to be an area that changes only modestly with weight loss and can be done at any point in the weight loss journey.  If you don't desire a change in size, it is definitely possible and often preferable to reshape and restore the breast using your own tissue.  We often refer to this as an "auto-augmentation".  

The best way to address the abdomen, buttock, and outer thigh changes that occur from weight loss is a circumferential lower body lift, or belt lipectomy.  This gives you a buttock lift, outer thigh lift, and abdominoplasty in one operation.  Keep in mind, it is a big surgery that involves position changes in the OR and significant time and surgeon effort as well as port-op care.  Your insurance may cover a small portion if there are issues with skin infections pre-op, but most fall under the ream of self-pay, including the breast surgery.  The best thing is to see a board certified plastic surgeon for a consultation.  Good luck.  

Brian A. Pinsky, MD
Long Island Plastic Surgeon

Body contouring after weight loss

Congratulations on your weight loss. You can certainly have a breast lift without implants. The cost and recovery time will vary according to exactly what procedures you have done. It is unlikely that insurance will cover these procedures unless you are having medical problems secondary to excess skin. The best way to get these questions answered is to schedule a consultation. After a surgeon interviews and examines you, they will be able to outline a plan to help you achieve your goals. At that time they could also provide you with price estimates.

Weight loss

Congratulations on your weight loss!  I would get down to your goal weight and then get an evaluation. You likely will need a lower body lift as well.  Good luck.

Large amount of weight loss

Congratulations on your weight loss. You are best to be at your weight loss goal before proceeding with any cosmetic surgery.  After your degree of weight loss you are unlikely to achieve any sort of lift with non surgical means.  An implant is usually used to augment the volume of the breast and add fullness to the upper pole for a more augmented look.  If you simply desire slightly fuller and a more lifted breast without a desire for an augmented look then a traditional breast lift would suit you.  If you continue to lose weight the excess skin can be removed from your abdomen, lower back/buttock area for any sagging tissue.  The cost varies significantly based on your location and insurance will not cover cosmetic surgery.  As a complete "guesstimate" anticipate anywhere from $6000 to $20,000 or more depending on the number of procedures and locations treated.  Best of luck on your continued weight loss.