Best surgeon for rhinoplasty in California? (Photo)

My mom would prefer that I didn't travel far to get my surgery so I need to limit my search to surgeons in near the Bay Area. I originally was looking for surgeons in LA and fell in love with Dr Vladimir Grigoryants. I have also been looking at Sam Most. I am so overwhelmed and don't know what to do! Please offer me your professional opinion on the most skilled and reliable plastic surgeons in California that are highly experienced with rhinoplasty :) and what is your opinion on these 2 Drs?

Who's the best rhinoplasty surgeon?

When trying to find a Rhinoplasty surgeon there are a few things that are important.  A question to ask is if they are Board Certified.  It would be a plus if they are Board Certified as a Facial Plastic Surgeon and Board Certified as an Otolaryngologist.  This person would be highly specialized in the face, head and neck.  You also want to see before and after pictures.  Good luck and be well.  Dr. Mac

Bay Area Facial Plastic Surgeon

Best rhinoplasty surgeons

The Rhinoplasty Society web site will help you refine your search.  All members must pass rigorous scrutiny to be included. Dr Most is a respected colleague and a member of the Rhinoplasty Society. You should not need to travel out of the Bay area where we have several renowned rhinoplasty surgeons.  Regarding your chin--I am not fond of chin implants.  They are deceptively easy to place but they are foreign bodies. Your chin is delicate and very pretty and once your nose is reduced it should appear more harmonious. When indicated i prefer to do a chin advancement that preserves all of your own contours and is more natural appearing.

Rhinoplasty

Thank you for the question and I would go call ASPS and get the number of experts in your area and go on some complimentary consultations, look at photos, compare fees and find your surgeon.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Best rhinoplasty surgeon for you?

The best rhinoplasty for you is the one who does noses you like! Not imaging but results of noses like yours. Look at the photos here and on the surgeons website.

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

From the limited photos, there appears to be an overly projecting nose and an under projecting chin. The under projecting chin makes the nose look more prominent. Consider  a rhinoplasty procedure to address decreasing the overall projection of the nose, shaving down the dorsal hump, narrowing the bridge, and refining the nasal tip slightly. All of this can be accomplished with a closed rhinoplasty procedure by making all of the decisions on the inside of the nose. Placement of a chin implant will help  bring the mandible forward to help with facial balance and proportions. Chin implants are usually placed through small incision underneath the chin under general anesthesia with the rhinoplasty, or under local anesthesia as a standalone procedure. Rhinoplasty is a very difficult endeavor,  so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive experience and take your time making your decision. For more information and many  before and after results, please see the link and the video below