Are these rhinoplasty results realistic? (Photos)

Hello everyone! I took a recent photo of myself and manipulated my nose using photoshop in order to get my nose to look the way I wanted. I was wondering if these results are realistic if I was to get a rhinoplasty. I currently have a devoted septum and a dorsal hump on my nose. I would like the bump to be removed, nose straightened out, and tip defined. My current nose is on the left and the photoshopped picture is on the right. Thanks in advance! :)

NATURAL LOOKING RHINOPLASTY

Dear Beckleee, Your morphed photograph from the front view looks like a realistic natural rhinoplasty result. The profile view is missing however from the list of your concerns, reducing the dorsal hump to have a straight nose and refining your tip are all common requests in rhinoplasty surgery and are easily performed in the hands of a skilled surgeon. Seek consultations with some experts in the field of rhinoplasty surgery. During your consultation have imaging performed to see the proposed results and to make sure you and your surgeon are on the same page. Once this is done review the surgeons before and after photographs especially of noses similar to yours to ensure natural looking rhinoplasty results. After these steps you will be informed of the exact techniques that will be used in order to attain your desired results and can make an informed decision. The video above shows an example of the imaging process and the many other videos on my public profile will show you how rewarding this procedure can be for young ladies like yourself. The link below is before and after photographs of rhinoplasty results. P.S. The garden behind you looks in beautiful bloom! Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Rhinoplasty

While you are just showing a single front view of a projected result it does appear to fairly realistic. It would be helpful to at least see a side view with your projected results as well.

Are these rhinoplasty results realistic?

Dear BeckleeeRemoving the dorsal bump and refining your tip are components of a routine rhinoplasty. In your case, the before and photo-shopped after photograph do appear realistic. The degree of your septal deviation and your nasal exam will likely impact the approach for your rhinoplasty. Look for an experienced and properly trained plastic surgeon, certified by the American Board of Plastic (or Facial) Surgery. See more than one consult and make a well informed decision.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty Results

Hello,I think your digitally morphed photo is realistic.  You appear to have some bridge fullness that would easily be addressed.  The tip would be treated best with a small reduction of tip cartilages and internal sutures that would change the shape and position of your tip cartilages. Go visit a few surgeons expert in rhinoplasty. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Imaging used for possible rhinoplasty result

Hello Becklee,Thank you for your picture and questions.  I see the external features which can be improved and they would likely involve taking down your dorsal hump, refining your tip, and possibly placing some cartilage grafts between your septum and upper lateral cartilage.  It's not possible to see the inside of your nose, so I would reserve comment on your septum until actually examining it in person.  I believe the photoshopped image you created is nicely done and this would be the goal.  Whether your tissues will heal correctly to create this result will depend on your body's healing process.  My sister and I have a practice in Saratoga and would love to see you for a consultation.Best of luck!

Elbert T. Cheng, MD
San Jose Facial Plastic Surgeon

Rhinoplasty

Hello and thank you for your question. Based on your photograph, you may benefit from a tip refining rhinoplasty. Your surgeon can accomplish this by trimming, suturing, and reshaping the cartilage in your lower nose. Cartilage grafts may also be used to help improve tip refinement. You may also benefit from a cephalic rotation of your tip to turn up your tip slightly and a conservative dorsal hump reduction.  Make sure you specifically look at before and after pictures of real patients who have had this surgery performed by your surgeon and not just a computer animation system. The most important aspect is to find a surgeon you are comfortable with. I recommend that you seek consultation with a qualified board-certified plastic surgeon who can evaluate you in person.

Best wishes and good luck.

Richard G. Reish, M.D.
Harvard-trained plastic surgeon

Richard G. Reish, MD

Realistic rhinoplasty results

The digitally altered photographs do appear realistic goals for a rhinoplasty procedure.  Digital computer imaging performed in the office setting can offer additional views from the different angles. To be able to obtain the results in the photographs would require a dorsal hump removal, osteotomies placed in the nasal bones, spreader grafts placed in the mid-vault of the nose and reduction of the bulbous tip. All of this can be performed with a closed rhinoplasty approach with all of the incisions placed on the inside of the nose. Rhinoplasty is a difficult endeavor, so choose your surgeon very wisely based upon extensive experience. For more information and many examples of noses similar to your own, please see the link and the video below

Are My Rhinoplasty Expectations Realistic?

Although it is difficult to evaluate your nose and you expectations your goaks do seem realistic. I need to see a full set of pictures as described o my website to answer your question with clarity.

Rhinoplasty: realistic expectations for result

Rhinoplasty is a surgery to change the shape of the nose for breathing and/or appearance.A rhinoplasty consultation is the first important step toward a excellent result. It is a chance for the surgeon to ask about your medical past, examine your nose, and perform a photoanalysis. I like to use 3D computer simulation software to get on the same page as my patient regarding their goals. I can show what potential changes are realistic, appropriate, and safe for your nose. Safety comes first.

Victor Chung, MD
San Diego Facial Plastic Surgeon

Expectations

what you are requesting is a subtle and extrely natural result. Your surgeon must be capable of producing a nasal structure that is of perfect proportions. In my experience this is best done open rather than closed to avoid an overly narrowed nose. Also the ultra high frequency power tools (Piezo) allow for the subtle nuances that will give more predictable bone cuts and cartilage shapes