Turkey neck lipo lump.

I had liposuction to my neck (turkey neck) I have this lump around my neck and its uneven. the issue is I came like that right after surgery. you could see the raised bump through the neck garment. it didn't "appear" after days but the minute I walked out of that room. what can this be? it looks like the dr missed some fat removal on that area but you guys know better

Turkey neck lipo lump.

Only in person examination would allow a dx to be offered! Seek these examinations from only boarded surgeons.

I would be happy to comment with a photo. I would however discuss with your surgeon and make sure you are following all post op instructions along with compression if recommended. Also, remember healing occurs for several weeks to months as well. 

Robert Heck, MD, FACS
Columbus Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction Irregularities- Discuss with your physician

I suggest posting photos for further evaluation. This could be caused by several different factors, you should follow up with your physician for assessment.  Best, Dr. Emer

Lump after neck liposuction

Thank you for asking about your neck liposuction.

• I am so sorry but without at least a photo, one can only guess.
  • You may have a fluid or blood collection that needs treatment -
  • Or it may be swelling, or a drain or, as you suggest, residual fat.
  • It would be best to return to your plastic surgeon to be checked.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon.
Best wishes - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Neck lump

Without seeing you in person, I can not say. Best to review with your surgeon in person. All the best.

Turkey neck lipo lump.

Without a good set of photos, in person exam, and knowing the details of your procedure- it's impossible to answer your question accurately. Best is to go back to your Board Certified PS and discuss your concerns

Turkey neck lipo lump.

Thank you for your question.  Without a series of photographs or an in-person examination it is difficult to offer a definite opinion, but in most cases any irregularity at the skin or fat layer after liposuction is the result of asymmetrical swelling from surgery or remaining fluid that was placed in order to minimize surgical bleeding.  Allow your results time to mature over the next several weeks, but voice your concerns to your surgeon, they are in the best position to offer reassurance.  

In order to determine what is the issue, you will need an examination. Swelling from liposuction may persists up to several months. I would suggest meeting with your surgeon and discussing this issue.

Connie Hiers, MD
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon