Thermitight; can you do ThermiTight on your albums??

I just had Thermi VA and after one treatment it's amazing how it tightens up everything inside and out. So now I'm going to get a consultation to have my knees done and I was wondering if they do elbows with all that loose skin ? I saw on the show The Doctors they do elbow tightening surgery but the girl that had it done had a nice scar. And being of Latin descent Scar and keloid bad... so anyway can you do thermitight on your albums??

ThermiTight/Skin Tightening/High Definition procedures

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Thank you for your question.  I recommend a combination of procedures for optimal results.

ThermiTight utilizes a small electrode inserted under the skin to heat tissue to a selected therapeutic temperature.  Literature has shown that elevating skin to a therapeutic temperature level can contract collagen molecules and stimulate collagen production, which may give the appearance of lifting or tightening.   Fat reduction is rare, unless set to high temperatures and kept at high temperatures for a significant amount of time .

To best answer your question,  it  depends on how much skin laxity you have.   ThermiTight can work well in the thigh area to tighten skin that is mild to moderately lax.  . Surgery may be a better option, if you have excessive laxity.   Results with ThermiTight vary from patient to patient.  You should experience some overall improvement.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.

Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz

#RealSelf100Surgeon

#RealSelfCORESurgeon

ThermiTight on Your Elbows? ThermiTight Firms Skin Almost Anywhere

ThermiTight uses radiofrequency (RF) energy to heat up and tighten the collagen layer in the dermis of the skin. Theoretically, it can be used to tighten almost any area of the body that has fairly good quality skin and not too much sagging – even the elbows. Consulting with a board-certified dermatologist will give you an answer more pertinent to your case, as it is hard to evaluate your elbows and what could improve them without a photo or in-person visit.

ThermiTight is used to tighten skin and ThermiVa to tighten labia majora and labia minora and vaginal vault

ThermiTight uses radiofrequency via an underneath the skin cannula or rod that delivers radiofrequency to heat the tissues and cause collagen production and tighten the tissues.  ThermiVa uses external energy to penetrate tissues and is delivered to the vaginal mucosa via a rod that is introduced in the vagina but is not invasive as it does not penetrate the intact skin or mucosa. ThermiVa has not been used yet as far as I know to treat the labia majora. It certainly has been used on wrinkly skin above the knees and elbows and certainly the face and abdomen. 

Ronald Shelton, MD
Manhattan Dermatologic Surgeon

Thermitight on Arms/Loose Skin/--VASER Lipo--ThermiRF for arm tightening/contouring

Without photos, it is difficult to give advice on which treatment would personally benefit you the most. We perform thermi in combination with a number of other treatments such as VASER hi definition or ultherapy for long term permanent improvement. I suggest you see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer