I just got my first ThermiVa treatment. Can I get more than 3 treatments to get better results?

Totally love it! Especially cosmetically I noticed. My question is they want you to get three treatments and I was hoping or wondering if I can get more than that to get even better results??

ThermiVa, Can I get better results with more than 3 treatments?

Great to hear that you have had excellent results after on treatment!

The current protocol for ThermiVa calls for 3 treatments 4 weeks apart.  The technology is still in infancy at this point and protocols could change in the future.  If you are interested in more than the recommended protocol, I would discuss with your physician.  

Can I get more than 3 treatments to get better results?

Hello Crystals9369,

Glad you are loving Thermiva. We recommend 3 consecutive treatments a month apart however since this has proven to be safe it can be modified according to your needs. You can also choose to have your maintenance sooner than the usual one year protocol. 

Carlos Mata M.D.,  MBA, FACS

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon

Recommended ThermiVA treatments

It's hard to say how much additional improvement will be appreciated after recommended 3 treatment course as each patient presents along a wide spectrum of clinical findings.

The best results with ThermiVA are seen with 3 consecutive treatments (each 1 month apart) and 1 maintenance treatment annually thereafter.  The consecutive treatment builds upon one another and ultimately tightens internal vaginal mucosa and external genitalia for up to one year.

Great improvement in external and internal tissue tightness, vaginal moisture and even mild urinary incontinence can be seen after just one treatment, with most durable results after 3 recommended treatments. 

You should seek a consultation with a reputable provider and discuss your unique case so that recommendations can be made and expectations can be set. 

How often can you get ThermiVA

Thanks for your question -

We recommend 3 treatments spaced one month apart followed by one treatment every 6-12 months for maintenance.  More treatments beyond this typically have not been shown to be that helpful.

Thanks for your question!

More than 3 ThermiVa treatments is safe and may provide better results

I'm so happy to read your feedback! ThermiVa is so often impressing women immediately after the first treatment, and the exciting news is that you will see greater improvement with additional treatments. We begin with a 3- treatment series for most patients, however some require more, and some desire more! It is a safe treatment and you definitely can elect to have more.  If results are to your satisfaction after 3 treatments, you should plan to maintain them by having a single session every 6-12 months following the series.

If your concerns are primarily cosmetic and you're interested in maintaining the external appearance you see following the treatment series, you may elect to have a follow up 4-6 months.  

I hope this is helpful feedback to you. 

Jenn Harrington, MD

We recommend 3 treatments spaced one month apart followed by one treatment every 6-12 months for maintenance.  Your doctor will help guide you through the process and assist you in deciding whether you need more treatments.  ThermiVa is a wonderful technology. Enjoy and best of luck! 

Shahin Fazilat, MD, FACS
Mountain View Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVa Treatments

That's a great question! Although it's recommended for patients to receive 3 treatments, some patients may need additional treatments. It's best to consult with your doctor to determine what is the correct course of action. 

Jayesh Panchal, MD
Edmond Plastic Surgeon

More than 3 ThermiVa Treatments

Depending on the degree of laxity you may need more than 3 treatments for optimal results. There is nothing wrong with this. Most people also get maintenance treatments 6-12 months after their first series. Hope this helps.

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Although the first three treatments are likely to give the most dramatic change, there is no harm in having additional treatments.  Continued improvement should be anticipated.

Earl E. Ferguson III, MD, FACS
San Antonio Plastic Surgeon

Thank you for your question and although the typical protocol is for 3 treatments.

There is nothing wrong with doing more then 3 treatments as long as they are spaced out usually 4 to 6 weeks.

Best of luck to you