I just got my first ThermiVa treatment. Can I get more than 3 treatments to get better results?

Totally love it! Especially cosmetically I noticed. My question is they want you to get three treatments and I was hoping or wondering if I can get more than that to get even better results??

ThermiVa Treatment Protocol

The typical protocol for ThermiVa treatments at my practice is 3 treatments, spaced 4-6 weeks apart. I always tell my patients that they'll likely see improvements after even the first treatment, especially if it is paired with an O-Shot, but that optimal results will be observed 3 months after completing the series of 3.

From there, I like to reevaluate my patients after 3 months to see if their results are optimized. Maintenance is recommended but the maintenance phase is different for every woman - ranging anywhere from every 6 to 12 month intervals between. Discuss your results with your physician. They'll be able to guide you to the best recommendation.

Cheers!

Is 3 treatments enough?

At our office I recommend 3 treatments 4-6 weeks for both the MonaLisa and ThermiVa. I have provided additonal complimentary treatments if the patient and I have not been satisfied. Patinets have done well and some have seen enhanced results.

Can I do more than 3 treatments?

Standard protocol for ThermiVa treatments recommend that you have three treatments scheduled in one month intervals, then depending on your results discuss further treatments with your Dr. 

Edward E. Dickerson, IV, MD
Fayetteville Facial Plastic Surgeon

Can I get more than 3 treatments of ThermiVa to get better results?

I am happy that you have had good results after one treatment.  For others who may be reading this the external results are able to be photographed after one treatment session and continue to improve with more treatments.  The other results are more related to a biological process that is turned on and may take more time.  I have done more than three treatments on highly motivated patients and there are some positive benefits. Three treatments gives the best chance for significant results.  More treatments have not been well studied to give you a scientific answer to date.  Since it is very safe if you are continuing to see significant results with each treatment you might want to try another

Dean L. Johnston, MD

More than 3 Thermia treatments

The current guidelines recommend an initial series of 3 treatments spaced 1 month apart, followed by maintenance every 6-12 months. Since this is a fairly new technology there is not much information what the effect is of more than 3 treatments in the initial series. However since this is a very safe treatment and we know from using RF in other areas for skin tightening that multiple treatments give a better effect, I would expect that it is perfectly fine to have more than the 3 recommended treatments and would expect the results to continue to improve. Good luck.

Renata Wix-Harris, MD
Livingston Physician

Best Results with ThermiVa

Yes, you can get more than three treatments if you want. Generally I recommend my patient to have a treatment a month for three months for a total of three treatments.Three consecutive treatments have shown to have the best results among my patients.However, ThermiVa is an incredibly safe treatment and more treatments can be performed. Your treatment frequency can be customized according to your needs.

Yael Halaas, MD
Manhattan Facial Plastic Surgeon

ThermiVa, Can I get better results with more than 3 treatments?

Great to hear that you have had excellent results after on treatment!

The current protocol for ThermiVa calls for 3 treatments 4 weeks apart.  The technology is still in infancy at this point and protocols could change in the future.  If you are interested in more than the recommended protocol, I would discuss with your physician.  

Ralph Trey Aquadro, MD
Auburn Plastic Surgeon

Can I get more than 3 treatments to get better results?

Hello Crystals9369,

Glad you are loving Thermiva. We recommend 3 consecutive treatments a month apart however since this has proven to be safe it can be modified according to your needs. You can also choose to have your maintenance sooner than the usual one year protocol. 

Carlos Mata M.D.,  MBA, FACS

Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon

Carlos Mata, MD, MBA, FACS

Recommended ThermiVA treatments

It's hard to say how much additional improvement will be appreciated after recommended 3 treatment course as each patient presents along a wide spectrum of clinical findings.

The best results with ThermiVA are seen with 3 consecutive treatments (each 1 month apart) and 1 maintenance treatment annually thereafter.  The consecutive treatment builds upon one another and ultimately tightens internal vaginal mucosa and external genitalia for up to one year.

Great improvement in external and internal tissue tightness, vaginal moisture and even mild urinary incontinence can be seen after just one treatment, with most durable results after 3 recommended treatments. 

You should seek a consultation with a reputable provider and discuss your unique case so that recommendations can be made and expectations can be set. 

Kathleen Waldorf, MD, FACS

How often can you get ThermiVA

Thanks for your question -

We recommend 3 treatments spaced one month apart followed by one treatment every 6-12 months for maintenance.  More treatments beyond this typically have not been shown to be that helpful.

Thanks for your question!

Steven H. Williams, MD