I want a flat belly and a smaller waist; what do I need? Lipo or tummy tuck? (Photos)

Tummy tuck / Mini Tummy Tuck /Abdominoplasty/ Liposuction/ Reverse Abdominoplasty/Tummy Tuck Revision

I appreciate your question.

Best to be at a BMI less than 30 or within 10 pounds of your goal weight and stable at that weight for 6 months prior to surgery for optimal results.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Dr. Schwartz
Director-Beverly Hills Breast and Body Institute
#RealSelf100Surgeon

Tummy tuck

Although it’s hard to make that assessment on photos alone, the presence of stretch marks indicates that your skin elasticity is compromised. Liposuction may remove the fat, but it will leave your skin saggy because it won’t be able to firm up to your leaner contours. That’s why a tummy tuck would probably be a better option for you.

I want a flat belly and a smaller waist; what do I need? Lipo or tummy tuck?

I think before you contemplate any surgery, you will need to lose some weight in order to achieve your goals. You have a significant amount of visceral, or intra-abdominal fat, which will make a flat abdomen and a smaller waist very difficult to achieve at your present state. After you lose the weight it might take a tummy tuck and some liposuction of your flanks to get you to where you want to be

Julio Garcia, MD

Full tummy tuck

From this pictures it seems like you have enough skin laxity for a full tummy tuck. See a board certified plastic surgeon in your area with an expertise in body contouring and tummy tucks for more individualized information. In my practice in the San Francisco Bay Area I have come to the conclusion that the happiest patients are those that have realistic expectation on what a procedure will and won’t do for them.

Dean Vistnes, M.D.
Vistnes Plastic Surgery
San Francisco Bay Area

#realself #drdeanvistnes #tummytuck

M. Dean Vistnes, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Lipoabdominoplasty

Thank you for the question and photos. I recommend that you see a board certified Plastic Surgeon to discuss full Abdominoplasty with liposuction. Losing any excess weight that you can prior to planning will reduce risks and allow your surgeon more to work with in order to provide optimal results. Liposuction can be done in conjunction with a tummy tuck to help contour and repairing separated abdominal muscles helps to slim the waistline and flatten the tummy.

Be sure to seek a board certified Plastic Surgeon

All the best

Tummy tuck

Thank you for your question and pictures. I think that you would do the best with a combination of the two.  I would probably recommend a Lipoabdominoplasty which will address most of your concerns.  Any weight loss before the procedure will also improve your results even more.

Ramiro Morales, Jr., MD
Pembroke Pines Plastic Surgeon

Flat Belly

It appears that you would need a combination of a tummy tuck and liposuction. 

Your tummy appears to have excess skin in addition to fat. I cannot tell if you have loose muscles in the picture. The tummy tuck removes excess fat, tightens the skin, and tightens loose muscle.

You should be evaluated by a board certified plastic surgeon. We offer complimentary consults. (813) 872-2696. 

Please view the accompanied video. I hope you find this information useful. 

Joshua Halpern, MD, PA

Tummy Tuck with Lipo for a fully contoured waist

Thanks for your great question that is posed frequently to board certified plastic surgeons on whether a patient needs liposuction or a tummy tuck to help contour the belly and waist.  It appears that you carry your excess fat in the central region.  Some weight loss would be beneficial.  Liposuction alone of the tummy would likely not achieve the results you may desire, but consultation with a board cerfified plastic surgeon in person would better address this.  It appears that your best results would come from a progressive tension suture abdominoplasty (drainless tummy tuck) and liposuction of the love handles and mid back.

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

Smaller tummy

After looking at your photos i would do some suctioning to your back and flanks and also your tummy.Once that is done consider a full tummy tuck.

Robert Brueck, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon

I would suggest a tummy tuck combined with liposuction of the abdomen, back and flanks. These procedures could dramatically change your appearance. Good luck!