Can the front of thighs be treated with SculpSure?

ANterior Thighs and Sculpsure

Thank you for your question. The FDA approval is for abdomen and waist. However, we have used it on the anterior thighs with great results after 2 treatments.

#sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future. The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.  The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health. The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.  It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.  If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12. 

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.  I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results. 

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals. 

Take care,

Dr. Schwartz  Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sculpsure can help

Sculpsure can safely be used in the thigh area based on an examination of your tissues and amount of fat.
We are treating this area as are many other doctors.

Treating Thighs With SculpSure

Currently, SculpSure has FDA approval for the abdomen and flanks only. Treatment of the thighs would be “off-label” which can be done. Off-label treatments have also been showing great results. One of the best parts about SculpSure is that you can customize the applicators to fit around almost any area of the body to treat undesired fat.

SculpSure for thighs

Currently, SculpSure is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks.  However, the device is often effectively used "off label" to treat other areas, including the anterior thighs.  I would recommend a consultation with an experienced provider who can determine if you are a candidate for treatment. 

Kent V. Hasen, MD
Naples Plastic Surgeon

SculpSure Treatment Areas

SculpSure is FDA approved for abdomen and flanks but is used off label for many different areas including thighs, arms, back. Best to have an evaluation by a SculpSure provider to see if you are a candidate for anterior thigh treatment. 

Sara Yegiyants, MD, FACS
Santa Barbara Plastic Surgeon

If there is fat ... there is a way.

Thanks for sharing your question. I can appreciate your concern.

Sculpsure technology is design to reduce fat with Laser technology. The limiting factors are related to numbness that will preclude feedback from the patient. In addition scar tissue, stria and bone may make the procedure to become more sensitive. If non of the above are present, then Sculpsure may be a feasible treatment for fat reduction in any area.

Wishing you the best in your journey

Sculpsure And Thighs

We have used it in this location with great results and combine the area with vanquish and venus legacy.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thighs and SculpSure

Yes, however for the thighs we find that most patients require two treatments. Depending on the size, occasionally even 3. This is an off label indication as FDA approval for SculpSure is only for the flanks and abdomen. 

All the best

Dr Davin Lim
Laser Dermatologist
Brisbane, Australia
FIORI INSTITUTE of Body Contouring. 

Davin Lim, MBBS, FACD
Brisbane Dermatologist

SculpSure on the Thighs

Great question. In theory, yes. This would be safe area for treatment. Photos would help me and certainly an in-person visit with a reputable provider is necessary. Typically there is not much fat on the anterior thigh, although some people have a genetic tendency to deposit fat right above the knee. In those patients, even just 1 paddle (of the 4 on SculpSure) can go above each knee and the remaining paddles can be placed elsewhere, typically the lateral thigh. Cynosure is currently seeking FDA indications for additional sites and I believe SculpSure will be FDA approved for treatment on the lateral thighs within the next 1-2 years.

Patrick W. Blake, MD
Encinitas Dermatologist