Did I go too big for my body, giving me a top heavy look ? (photos)

I'm 5'7, 112 pounds . I was a 34 a or small b . I got 400cc HP saline implants on 7/23 . I feel so swollen and tight . I also feel I look ridiculous, I don't want my husband or anyone else to see me. I understand this isn't the finished product and they will eventually change but in the back of my mind I'm terrified I will always look top heavy now. I feel I should have went with 300cc maybe.

You said it all: You're swollen and tight!

At this point it is very difficult to tell what the final result of your surgery will be, so the only thing we can do now is wait for the tissues to heal and settle, and then reassess the situation.  I would not even begin to think along those lines for another 3 - 4 months at least.  Having said that, I can offer a couple of general thoughts based upon your history and the images that you have provided that I hope will make you feel better.

What you are feeling right now is almost analogous to "buyer's remorse," in that you have committed to something, and you are second guessing yourself on your commitment.  This is very common - VERY common - in this situation!  First, in the event that you selected your implant size by trying on sizers, I would like for you to visualize how you looked with the 400 cc sizers in and recall why you liked what you saw at that time.  That will be the best indication of how you will ultimately look, and most ladies wind up very happy in the end when they have the same size implants that they tried on - and liked - preoperatively.  Second, just speaking statistically in general, the average size of the breast implants that I personally wind up using in my practice (and the ladies pick their size for the most part, not me) is 400 cc.  Thus, you are a lady who is slightly above average height with an average to slender build, and just speaking on relative terms you are right in the "average ballpark" for what we see here in my practice.  That means that in all likelihood, you won't look extremely large busted compared to most girls who get breast augmentation.  Lastly, you are not yet a week out from your surgery, and we can even see the swelling in the tissues over your sternum and out to the sides of the breasts, your tissues are still very tight, and this leads to a bulky, full appearance, and most of the fullness is still at the top of the breasts.  All of this will change over the next several weeks, and your breasts will look very different.  Once that happens, only you will be able to tell if your breasts are too big and you appear top heavy, but for now, you should ease your mind, concentrate on healing from your surgery, and my expectation based upon experience is that you'll wind up looking beautiful and just like you wanted.  I could be wrong, but I don't think so.

Hi, in my opinion they look ok because swelling will  reduce an implants will look less bigger and will make their natural folding. 

Talk to your surgeon, and have patience to see your final results. Keep in mind that you can always have a revision surgery and change the volume.

Adolfo Sesto, MD

Breast implant size

You do have some swelling that may make them look better in 2-3 months.  Also your skin will stretch and they will obtain a nicer shape with time.  You may grow to like this size in due course.  

Did I go too big for my body, giving me a top heavy look ?

ONLY 7 days post op - SWELLING is still present. Allow 3 months healing before thinking about downsizing.....

I had surgery 6 days ago, did I go too big?

Whether or not you are too big for your body is "all in the eyes of the beholder". Certainly the implants will settle and relax over time. Most importantly your concerns are between you and your doctor during this early post operative phase. Only you two know what was expressed and discussed preoperatively about sizing expectations. 

Breast implant size

Breast implant size
You are swollen and this is early healing but... these are large implants in a petite frame. You may be happy when the swelling subsides but you will likely be a 34 DD with these implants.  Give it time .  at least 4 months. to settle

Give it some time.

Hi, there.  Congratulations on your recent surgery.  Based on your photos, it seems like you are healing well.  It is normal to be swollen and to have implants high-riding so soon after your surgery.  400c HP is not too larger for your height and weight.  However, the way that you want to look is subjective.  If you do not like a "full look" in 3-4 months after your surgery, you can consider switching to MP (moderate profile) implants.  However, please give some time for implants to settle down and for the swelling to decrease.  Follow your plastic surgeon's post-operative recommendation.  Best regards.