Am I a candidate for Mini Facelift? I've had sub mental liposuction. (photos)

My concern is the skin laxity in my neck area, sagging in my jowls, and I cheek pads are descending. I've had sub mental lipo. My desire is to have a sharper jawline when I smile bc when I do I have droopiness or double chin. I've tried fillers in my cheeks and in all the appropriate place. Another surgeon suggested laser but I think it's going to be a solution for a short time and I'll end up spending more money in the long run.

Who is a Lite Lift™ Candidate

During your #consultation, your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure will be evaluated. Based on this evaluation, your board certified plastic surgeons will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. In doing so, he or she should be sure to have a full understanding of what results you expect.

If you are not a #candidate, your surgeon can make other suggestions to address your concerns and objectives.
Patients who desire facial rejuvenation that is affordable, quick, and effective should consider the Lite-lift™. Like the Life-Style™ facelift, this is a modified facelift that can be performed in the office with a local anesthetic and improve signs of aging around the neck, jawbone and lower face. These procedures are not "Thread-lifts" or "String-lifts". We do not use the "barbed" sutures employed in these other lifting operations. The Lite-lift™ uses longer lasting techniques that are discussed below. Because the incisions are limited, there is less bruising, swelling and healing time for most patients. Many patients can be back to work in one to two weeks looking rested and more youthful.
The best candidates for #LiteLift are non-smoking patients 35-60 years old with early changes of the lower face and the neck. But whose skin has elasticity with well defined bone structure. Older patients who cannot or do not wish to have a longer operation or general anesthetic may also be a candidate for a Lite Lift™.

It is also possible to #combine #surgeries. In fact, I commonly recommend other procedures to go accompany a facelift, such as blepharoplasty or a midface (cheek) lift, to name a few. The combination of multiple of facial procedures may create an optimal result.

Are you a candidate for a Facelift?

If you feel that your face does not reflect how young you feel on the inside, a facelift may be the solution to help you look and feel younger. During your consultation, your doctor will evaluate your skin texture and elasticity, as well as your underlying skin structure and your facial bone structure. Based on this evaluation, he/she will create a custom surgical plan, detailing specific techniques and recommendations to meet your goals. Your doctor should make sure you have a full understanding of what results to expect.Always insist on a board certified surgeon!

Facelift

Thank you for your question. You do not seem to need a facelift from the pictures, however, a consultation with a board certified facial plastic surgeon will determine your candidacy or non-candidacy for the facelift procedure. During your consultation, you can discuss fillers, lasers and other options for sharpening your jawline and filling your cheeks. Voluma is a phenomenal solution for cheek fullness and youthfulness.

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

A: Dr. Felipe Amaya recommendation

You look very young, but with a little saggy neck, that increased with the lipo you had. 

Considering you look fine, my recommendation in your case, is to postpone surgical procedures for when you get older.  For now, I would recommend a few sessions of Ulthera, while it is time to operate.

Felipe Amaya, MD
Colombia Plastic Surgeon

Lower facelift with open neck

Hi there. Looking at the photos, there is still some mild fullness under the chin - submental liposuction rarely fixes this issue as the fat is in a deeper plane than lipo can get to. It can be removed with a small incision under the chin and this usually improves contour of the neck on its own. It is often combined with a lower facelift as this can help lift the jowls and improve jawline contour. Good luck!

Facelift

Given the fact that you've already tried all of the non-surgical options that I would typically recommend then yes, it sounds as if you are ready for the next step. As to the question of mini-lift versus full lift, you will need to be assessed in person. My best advice would be for you to schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon in your area to discuss. 

Kindly,

Kouros Azar

Kouros Azar, MD
Thousand Oaks Plastic Surgeon

Why just a mini

so it sounds like you have tried many of the treatments we would recommend for someone who is not quite ready for a face lift with moderate success only, perhaps. 

A mini facelift is an option but if you are going to go through the trouble of all that surgery, my recommendation is to go for a full facelift once and for all and then you can rejuvenate the neck and reposition the volume in the mid face at the same time and hopefully that will be what you need for the next few years. The scar is hardly more noticeable and the effect is significantly more rejuvenating than a mini facelift alone, especially for the neck

Hope that helps. 

Adam Goodwin

Skin laxity needs continued treatments

Hi Srqlocal33.  Thanks for the pics.  Noting how tissue moves is important before deciding on the kind of facelift that is needed-as such, an examination will be central for you since you don't have a lot of the obvious aging changes.  Keep in mind that skin is elastic and will loosen even after a lift if you don't get regular treatments to promote new collagen & elastin fiber growth.  Some of the ways to do this include regular use of topical Retin A, deep chemical peels, CO2 laser resurfacing and Profound radiofrequency microneedling.  The latter two are the most effective, carry minimal downtime and should be combined with the Retin A after a few weeks.  Maintenance is key and can't be avoided since environmental and aging influences never stop-starting early like you are is best.  Good luck!

Facial contouring #fatgrafting #beauty #tmbcosmeticsurgery #woundhealing #facelift

Dear srqlocal33

Thank you for your question!  An "early " facelift would give very nice results.   Micro Fat grafting will help with the shaping.

With Warm Regards,

Trevor M Born MD

Trevor M. Born, MD

Mini facelift

you look like an excellent candidate and may be able to undergo the procedure under local. It is safe, your neck skin can be snugged up and scars should be well disguised. Good luck.

Robert V. Mandraccia, MD
Fort Myers Plastic Surgeon