Why not start Sculptra sooner?

I once asked here about starting Sculptra at a young age as a preventative measure for aging skin. I am only 23 and I don't have big loss of volume but I thought one vial of Sculptra per year could help me build a thick and strong skin with good collagen and prevent it from sagging too soon. Instead I was recommended to try lasers to tighten it. But if Sculptra also promotes collagen formation, isn't it right to think it will improve the skin quality as well as help with volume loss? Thank you

#Sculpsure/#Body Contouring/ #Hi Definition Procedures

Sculpsure is a noninvasive 1060nm diode laser treatment that removes up to 25% of stubborn fat in the treated area in 25 minutes.It is FDA approved for the abdomen and flanks. It is safe if you get pregnant in the future.

The body contouring effects are seen in as quick as six weeks with final results at 12 weeks.

The results are permanent as long as you maintain your weight and health.

The laser targets and destroys the fat cells only which are then naturally removed from the body. Since the laser does not affect the skin or muscle it can be used on all skin colors and there has been no reported incidents of burns when treated by a properly trained physician. It is protective since it alternates heating and cooling.

It has four applicators that can be customized to treat the areas of stubborn fat.

If a second treatment is needed we wait at least six weeks and usually closer to 12.

If you notice lumps after (which I've never seen) I would recommend massage. You should also alert your surgeon.  No compression garment required.

There is no downtime and you can resume your normal activities right after the treatment. There may be some soreness in the area for a few days for which you can take ibuprofen or tylenol. A cold compress can also be used.

Sculpsure is not used for skin tightening however some of our patients have seen this. If more skin tightening is needed we have combined this with thermi or Ulthera for a complete treatment. Sculpsure is recommended for stubborn areas of fat that are not being lost by diet and exercise. It is not a weight loss treatment

Since I have both a coolsculpting and sculpsure I am working on protocols of utilizing both of these depending upon what areas need to be treated and the response to the treatment.

I have used sculpsure on other areas other than the abdomen with very good results.

I also use a Vectra 3D imaging system to try and show people what their treatment areas could look like.

Since Sculpsure outcomes can be based on technique and experience, please see a board certified plastic surgeon that specializes body contouring to see if Sculpsure or other treatments are available to meet your goals.

Take care,

Dr Schwartz

Sculptra

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you move forward by consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Please also review the attached video for my advice regarding young adults maximizing the health and safety of their skin

Ross A. Clevens, MD
Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Age really doesn't matter

With either cosmetic or reconstructive facial rejuvenation/reconstruction age does not really matter.  On infants with facial deformities we start reconstruction right away at 3 months of age.  Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for the best possible results.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

That is nuts - you don't do Sculpsure at the 23 years old to prevent problems when you are old

It is nuts to do Sculpsure  or Botox  or anything, years before you actually need it, to prevent needing it when you are much older. If you keep yourself fit and eat properly etc, you may never need to do Sculpsure.

you need to see an ethical doctor, who will tell you when you DON"T need something.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra can help

Based on an exam, Sculptra can help build collagen in select areas.  It would keep your tissues fuller over time and contribute to a more youthful look.  

Sun protection and medical skin care will also help prevent aging.

Start Young To Age Well--Facial Aging with Sculptra, Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels

I tell all my patients to start young, it works to help build collagen and contour. It can also maintain any of the cosmetic procedures you do like lasers and fillers. I have all my filler patients use Sculptra as their foundation.  Please only see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Sculptra

Thanks for your question. I think you meant to put your question under the Sculptra category rather than SculpSure as they are two different treatments. Sculptra helps with volume loss and SculpSure helps to eliminate fat cells around the abdomen and flanks. 

There are several preventative measures you can take for aging skin, including Botox, Ultherapy and in some cases, Sculptra. To promote collagen production and prevent signs of aging in patients who are not yet showing volume loss, Sculptra is used in small amounts. The optimal prevention plan is best put together by an experienced practitioner with whom you can meet face to face or via video chat. 

Good luck!

Jennifer Levine, MD