Why not start Sculptra sooner?

I once asked here about starting Sculptra at a young age as a preventative measure for aging skin. I am only 23 and I don't have big loss of volume but I thought one vial of Sculptra per year could help me build a thick and strong skin with good collagen and prevent it from sagging too soon. Instead I was recommended to try lasers to tighten it. But if Sculptra also promotes collagen formation, isn't it right to think it will improve the skin quality as well as help with volume loss? Thank you

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you move forward by consulting with a board certified facial plastic surgeon. Please also review the attached video for my advice regarding young adults maximizing the health and safety of their skin

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Age really doesn't matter

With either cosmetic or reconstructive facial rejuvenation/reconstruction age does not really matter.  On infants with facial deformities we start reconstruction right away at 3 months of age.  Please see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for the best possible results.

David Finkle, MD
Omaha Plastic Surgeon

That is nuts - you don't do Sculpsure at the 23 years old to prevent problems when you are old

It is nuts to do Sculpsure  or Botox  or anything, years before you actually need it, to prevent needing it when you are much older. If you keep yourself fit and eat properly etc, you may never need to do Sculpsure.

you need to see an ethical doctor, who will tell you when you DON"T need something.

david berman md

David E. Berman, MD
Sterling Plastic Surgeon

Sculptra can help

Based on an exam, Sculptra can help build collagen in select areas.  It would keep your tissues fuller over time and contribute to a more youthful look.  

Sun protection and medical skin care will also help prevent aging.

Start Young To Age Well--Facial Aging with Sculptra, Lasers like Fraxel/Clear + Brilliant, RF like VIVA, Peels

I tell all my patients to start young, it works to help build collagen and contour. It can also maintain any of the cosmetic procedures you do like lasers and fillers. I have all my filler patients use Sculptra as their foundation.  Please only see an expert.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Thanks for your question. I think you meant to put your question under the Sculptra category rather than SculpSure as they are two different treatments. Sculptra helps with volume loss and SculpSure helps to eliminate fat cells around the abdomen and flanks. 

There are several preventative measures you can take for aging skin, including Botox, Ultherapy and in some cases, Sculptra. To promote collagen production and prevent signs of aging in patients who are not yet showing volume loss, Sculptra is used in small amounts. The optimal prevention plan is best put together by an experienced practitioner with whom you can meet face to face or via video chat. 

Good luck!

Jennifer Levine, MD