Should I get Sculptra over another fat transfer session?

I'm going through so much depression and desperation I'm only 23 years old and had a nose job. During the surgery my surgeon acted unethically and removed my bichat fat pads. I didn't end up with a sunken look but I do look older than before and that makes me very sad. We attempted a fat transfer but after only 2 weeks I believe 90% of it has been absorbed. Would 1 vial of Sculptra per year replace the volume I had in my cheeks? My pads were about 6ml in size. Please, help me, I'm desperate.

Fat or Sculptra for Cheek Hollows

I am sorry to hear about your complication. Without seeing you in person it is difficult to offer advice. Fat transfer takes a series of treatment to reach your desired size. Sculptra is another good alternative. Sculptra works to correct shallow to deep facial wrinkles and folds. Also, it helps to replace lost collagen. Best of Luck!

Summit Emergency Medicine Physician

Improving buccal fat pad area with filler

This is an area that is very hard to fill with filler because it takes alot to create a change. Sculptra or Bellafill will give long lasting results. Fat is an option as well. I can't see how a surgeon would do an operation without consent. 

Steven F. Weiner, MD

Fat vs Sculptra for cheek hollows

Dear lu483:

Sorry for your troubles!

Fat grafting vs Sculptra for Bichet Fat Pad replacement is a interesting problem. 

1. Both need serial sessions
  2. Both need a talented and skilled surgeon.
  3. Fat is considered a filler and is inexpensive to harvest and graft and may last forever once the volume and survival have been reached.
  4. Sculptra will provide firming and some tissue fill but will need yearly upkeep and there is an expense to purchasing product.

Based on this limited consideration, choose your surgeon wisely and I would go with fat grafting. 

All the best!

Dean P. Kane, MD, FACS

Thank you for sharing your question and I am sorry to hear of your surgical complication.  Unfortunately without an in-person examination it is difficult to offer definite advice.  In general fat transfer takes a series of treatments to ultimately reach a desired size but if you are unwilling to undergo another treatment, Sculptra is a good alternative.  Best wishes.