Can Liposuction only treat Gynecomastia/Lipomastia?

I had liposuction done to treat gynecomastia/lipomastia with a PS board certified member but I am still a bit concerned. He assured me that my nipples will flatten but they weren´t flat after surgery (it´s been 4 days). His exam and an ultrasound showed no gland. Only adipose tissue. Is it possible that there was still an enlarged gland? Will my nipples flatten out? If there was a little gland (so small that it wasn´t noticeable in his exam nor in the ultrasound) will my nipples remain puffy?

4 days after surgery is just much too early to evaluate your results.

Puffyness 4 days after gynaecomastia surgery

There us always swelling after surgery . main swelling reduces  in month time and finer level improvement goes  on 6 to 8 months. so if ultrasound does not show any gland please wait   

Milan Doshi, MCh
India Plastic Surgeon

Liposuction and gynecomastia

Thank you for asking about your liposuction of the chest.

If the surgeon and the ultrasound found no gland to remove, then the condition is from fat.You are very swollen and need to wait months for your final result. Be sure your surgeon knows of your concerns.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Gynecomastia

Gynecomastia is difficult to treat with liposuction alone.  I suggest combining liposuction with an energy source such as laser assisted or ultrasound assisted liposuciton to pretreat the fat/gland prior to liposuction.  

John Burns, MD