What to do about hypertrophic scars? (photos)

I got breast implants 4 months ago and I got two huge hypertrophic scars. I'm almost sure they're not keloids since I've had them before in the same place (I already had breast implants but needed to replace them). I've been using kelocote but not seeing many improvements. Would it be unwise to dermaroll the scars to increase the absorption or would it make it worse? What else can I do? It's so embarrassing cause they look long, raised and red :( Thank you

Hypertrophic scars vs keloids

Thanks for the great question and the photos. So the difference between hypertrophic scars and keloids are that hypertrophic scars stay within the previous incision while keloids may expand beyond where your incisions were. In my opinion, if you're 4 months after surgery and have red, raised scars, you need to go back and see your surgeon for some steroid injections. It may take a few treatments before the scars and less raised and red, but steroids are definitely able to help. Best of luck!

~Dr. Sieber