Will my breasts return to their original shape after explanting? (photos)

I am 22 years old and have had a breast agumentation 3 months ago, 350cc subfascial. I don't have kids and never experienced any significant weight changes. I regret having the implants and now I want to explant, the surgery is scheduled to next month (I'll be 4 months post BA). I also would like to know if there is any chances that I'll recover my breasts sensibility that I lost after BA.

There is a good chance that your breasts will look similar to your pre-surgery appearance after explant.  Because you are young and have never had children, the skin is more elastic which will help you return to your former look.  Be sure to be patient after surgery though, as it could take several months for you to see your final results. As far as sensation returning, it is not possible to predict that outcome.  Best wishes to you.

Will my breasts return to their original shape after explanting?

Although nothing will replace in-person evaluation to provide you with good information and/or predictions, much of your description is quite favorable when it comes to your breasts “bouncing back” nicely to your pre-breast augmentation surgery status. The size of the breast implants utilized and the duration since surgery are both favorable. Otherwise, much will depend on other factors such as your age, skin elasticity, positioning of breast implants during your breast augmentation surgery… You will find that they will take several months ( 3 to 6 months) for the breast to “bounce back”. Return of sensation is possible,  but should not be expected orpromised.

You may find the attached link, dedicated to breast implant removal surgery concerns, helpful to you. Best wishes for an outcome that you will be pleased with.

Shape will likely return. Sensation May, Only Time Will Tell

I am sorry that you're disappointed with your outcome after breast augmentation It appears from the photographs, that you have a very satisfactory technical result. Ultimately however you must be happy with the size and if the implants appear to be too big to you, then ultimately, they are too big. Options are to remove them completely, or to size down to a smaller implant.  I generally advise to wait more than three months (approximately six months) before making decisions about a breast implant removal. I think if you do have your implants removed, that you will snap back to your preoperative shape very nicely, however the sensation may recover or it may not.  It is still early in the postoperative period so sensation has a very good chance of recovering. 

Return to normal?

Hello priscilap. Thanks for your question. It is my opinion, based on your description that your breasts will likely return to a state very similar to before surgery. However, online is not a substitute for an actual exam and would suggest that your surgeon is the best person to ask about the expectations. Best wishes, Dr. ALDO.

Aldo Guerra, MD

Breast Implant Removal

Hi there,

I think after explantation that you will recover your preoperative shape very well, more or less.
However, you may not recover lost feeling or sensation.

Having had the implants in for only 3 months means that there may still be nerve recovery, so don't give up on it.  You will know a year after implant removal how much sensation you recover.

All the very best.

Howard Webster
Plastic Surgeon