How soon after a tummy tuck can I get a mini tummy tuck? (photo)

I'm only 2 days post op but I'm not happy with the results bc a lot of stretch marks were on top of my belly button , so I'm wondering can I get a mini tummy tuck ? How soon

It is not clear what you mean by a "mini tummy tuck".  What is clear is the markings that are still present on your belly, showing that your surgeon was probably planning to perform a fleur-de-lis, which seems to be what you needed to begin with, but for whatever reason did not do it.  The only way a tummy tuck can result in a satisfied patient is when the right type of operation is done for that individual.  According to my classification there are 8 types of abdominal redundancy and for each there is a specifically progressive treatment, ranging from liposuction alone to a circumferential fleur-de-lis.  My experience, as well as many studies, have shown that the most common reason for unhappy patients after a tummy tuck is when there has been a "compromise" and a less than ideal type of operation has been done, either because the surgeon was not adequately experienced, or the patient insisted on having a smaller operation.  At any rate, my recommendation would be for you to wait at least 6 months and then re-evaluate your options.

How soon after a tummy tuck can I get a mini tummy tuck?

Although easier said than done, there is only one good option at this point: patience.  Evaluate the outcome of the procedure performed six months to one year from now.   Best wishes.

You need to wait at least six months to assess the outcome of your tummy tuck Carolina.  Stretch marks can be temporarily more prominent from the swelling so be patient.

Jon A Perlman MD FACS 

Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery 

Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV

Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016 

Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Re-do Tummy Tuck

It would be best if you went back to your surgeon to see if you concerns can be addressed. However, in general, two days after surgery is too soon to make such a decision. Unless you had a "reverse" tummy tuck where your incisions were put beneath your breasts vs. at your waistline, it would be practically impossible to remove all the stretch makes above your belly button. You may consider other methods to deal with this such as ReLume or an excimer laser treatment if it is the color of the marks that bother you. If it is a texture problem, some doctors have good results using ablative lasers to blend the stretch marks.

Good Luck ! 

Michael Kulick, MD, DDS