I had neck lift 3 wks ago. the middle of the incision opened up, leaking fluid. hard area under my chin.

Neck Lift

Thank you for your question. I suggest that you consult with your board certified facial plastic surgeon immediately. The leaking fluid that becomes hard is not likely to jeopardize your results or create any additional issues healing as long as your surgeon sees you sooner rather than later. Please post pictures on this site. Best wishes,

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Neck Lift

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Melbourne Facial Plastic Surgeon

Hard area under chin

Of course you should visit your surgeon so he/she can help you.  However, it sounds like you collected a little fluid in the area, called a seroma.  These seroma pockets will often become firm because the seroma causes inflammation.  It will take a while, but this should resolve on its own.

Hard area under chin

Complications after procedures

should always be addressed with your surgeon.  If your surgeon is close by, a call to the office should get you scheduled asap.  If you traveled, you can send photos to your surgeon for further instructions.  Without photos or knowing what was done, its impossible to provide any kind of opinion.

Complications after procedures