Above BB stomach protrudes. Will TT take care of this? Do I need to lose more? (Photo)

I am hoping a Mommymakeover will resolve these problems. If not what will. On belly the rolls go towards my back. 69 yrs old. 5 3 1/4. 139#. Do I need to lose more? Under breasts/ arms rolls will Breast lift get rid of rolls under arms to back?

Tummy tuck bulge

You have weakness of the abdominal wall and this causes this look.  However, if you suck in your belly and it flattens then the tummy tuck will be corrective.  If it does not flatten significantly then visceral fat is playing a role. Your plastic surgeon can explain.   The fold around the breast can be corrected with a extended incision to remove the extra skin. Good luck

Will a Mommy Makeover help me? Do I need to lose more weight?

Thank you for your photos.  Most Board Certified Plastic Surgeons would like their patients to be about their goal weight before surgery. One would rather not operate on someone, have them lose 100 lbs., and then have to do that operation again.  There is a significant increase in complications in heavier patients.  This includes a very high increase in the wounds, (that will be on tension in a Mommy Makeover), falling apart.  Each Plastic Surgeon has their own "window" where they feel comfortable enough operating.  Talk to your Plastic Surgeon.  Together you will make a safe plan.

Jeffrey J. Roth, MD, FACS

Stable Weight is Advisable for a Mommy Makeover

The Mommy Makeover is a combination of procedures to bring a woman’s body back to the way she looked prior to pregnancy. Most commonly some variation of a #TummyTuck and #BreastSurgery are performed. Additional procedures can include liposuction, umbilical hernia repair.  The most common #breastprocedures include #mastopexy or #breastlift, #breastaugmentation, or #breastreduction. It is best to undergo #MommyMakeover procedures when your weight has been stable for at least one year.

In addition to a one-on-one consultations with a board certified Plastic Surgeon, patients always need to be seen by their primary care doctor prior to such procedures.  We screen every patient and their medical records for risks of blood clots (DVT) and then take appropriate measures.  MWL (massive weight loss patients of  75 lbs or more) tend to have poor skin elasticity and will frequently need additional tightening even afte 6 -12 months regardless of who or how their surgery is performed. This is simply the nature of such body tissues and the ability to heal with the lack or limited elasticity.

Mommy Makeover - Muscle repair needed?

Thank you for your question. An in-person physical examination is required to determine if the bulge above your belly button is due to muscle separation or a result of excess intra-abdominal fat. It is best to consult with a board certified plastic surgeon who specializes in body contouring procedures. Hope this helps and good luck.

Steven J. Rottman, MD, FACS

Above BB stomach protrudes. Will TT take care of this? Do I need to lose more?

Thank you for the question and your photos. It would be difficult to fully assess your situation without an in-person examination. However, solely looking at your photos, it looks like you can be a good candidate for a Mommy makeover. Visit a board-certified plastic surgeon and have a full evaluation. Best of luck. Dr. Michael Omidi.

An in-person exam with a board-certified plastic surgeon is the best way to assess your needs and provide true medical advice.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Tummy tuck

Without seeing you in person, hard to make an accurate recommendation. But it looks as if you would benefit from a tummy tuck. Schedule a consultation with a board certified plastic surgeon to discuss. 
My best,
Dr. Sheila Nazarian
@drsheilanazarian on Instagram

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Mommy Makeover

It is difficult to say without a full assessment. Based on our goals, you may want to consider a Mommy Makeover with additional liposuction. 

I'd recommend booking a consultation with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon for an assessment and to determine what your best options would be. 

All the best. 

Jerome Edelstein, MD

Tummy tuck for abdominal bulge

It appears as though you could get a very nice result from a tummy tuck procedure to tighten your upper abdomen.

Jeffrey E. Schreiber, MD, FACS

Mommy Makeover choices

Thanks for your inquiry, but without an exam it is hard to tell how much of your upper abdomen is intrabdominal weight vs musvle weakness.  I think you should go visit with a board certified plastic surgeon and be examined.  During the consultation he/he will be able to tell you if you need to loose weight.  

Vishnu Rumalla, MD

Fullness in abdomen

Your Title asks about fullness in your upper abdomen, so I will address this first. Some patients do have intra-abdominal fat which causes this. It is one of the hardest to lose, but with the loss of this, you will get a better result. 

With your "bra rolls" the tummy tuck can assist very minimally in pulling that skin down, but you would see the best results with liposuction of that area. It is easy to add this procedure to a tummy tuck and the healing process is beneficial to do at once. 

I strongly recommend seeking out a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon to schedule consultations with. Ensure you choose a couple to consult with then pick your favorite surgeon from the bunch who matches your personality, goals and aspirations.  You also want them to be realistic with you, so you know what to expect from the surgery. I wish you the best of luck!

J. Dayne Petersen, MD
Salt Lake City Plastic Surgeon