What's the average price of rhinoplasty? Who should I go to? Was I quoted too much? What can be done? (Photos)

I have gone to about 3 surgeons and I have been quoted for about $8,000. The surgeons I have gone to seem to have more practice in other parts then in rhinoplasty so it's really hard to trust any. I live in California and I am looking for new options. I would love to know what you think can be done to my nose and about how much it would cost. I feel like I need a lot of work... I am planning to get it done in the next few months

What's the average price of rhinoplasty? Who should I go to? Was I quoted too much? What can be done?

Your nose could be made more narrow, the tip could be refined and made less round and full.The tip could also be elevated somewhat. The "hump" could also be lowered so your profile would be straight. You might also consider a chin implant to help balance out your profile.A rhinoplasty would cost $7,200. A chin augmentation would cost $3,600. You should consult a Board Certified plastic surgeon.

Cost of rhinoplasty

The price you were quoted is about average and I would not go for a lower price. Have you ever heard of the term... "you get what you pay for"? Doctors who have extensive expertise in rhinoplasty surgery will likely charge more than $8000. Although, price itself is not the deciding factor on quality. Review before and after pictures, credentials of the surgeon, and ask to speak to current patients. You also should consider combining your surgery with a chin augmentation to balance the side view of your face. Your nose appears large and the chin being "weak" only makes the nose look even more prominent. 

Kristina Tansavatdi, MD

Planning a rhinoplasty.

You appear to be a good candidate for rhinoplasty, especially if combined with conservative chin augmentation to balance your profile (this adds to the cost somewhat).  Meet with several board certified and experienced plastic surgeons or ENT/facial plastic surgeons until you meet someone who can show you before and after photos of cases similar to yourself with excellent results who wins your confidence.Good luck and best wishes.
  Jon A Perlman MD FACS  Certified, American Board of Plastic Surgery  Extreme Makeover Surgeon ABC TV Best of Los Angeles Award 2015, 2016  Beverly Hills, Ca

Jon A. Perlman, MD

Hi and thanks for your question. The fee sounds reasonable, but this isn't a procedure which you should shop based upon price. The most experienced plastic surgeons who perform rhinoplasty may be even more expensive, but it's about your final aesthetic result more than anything else. Find a surgeon who is certified by the American Board of Plastic Surgery, member of the American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery, and with many years experience performing this procedure. That will be the most important factor which determines your outcome. I've been performing rhinoplasty for over thirty years, and there is no substitute for a surgeon's experience. Best of luck!
Richard Chaffoo,MD,FACS,FICSTriple Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Richard Chaffoo, MD, FACS

RHINOPLASTY AND CHIN AUGMENTATION CANDIDATE

Dear Sandy21s, First of all you definitely want to go to a surgeon who has vast expertise in rhinoplasty surgery. Rhinoplasty surgery is one of the most difficult procedures to perform and expertise is key in choosing a surgeon. Since you are on realself I would start there. Find surgeons who have many reviews and then read the surgeons reviews. If a large portion of those reviews are regarding rhinoplasty surgery then the surgeon likely denotes a large portion of their practice to this speciality. In reviewing your photographs you would be an excellent candidate for rhinoplasty surgery combined with chin augmentation to bring better balance to your profile and overall facial aesthetics. During consultation imaging can be performed to show you the proposed results. You can then review the surgeons before and after photographs to ensure their skill in ethnic rhinoplasty and natural looking results. Once these steps are done the surgeon can discuss in detail the techniques which will be used to attain your desired result. You may have to travel from your town and come to Orange County or Los Angeles to have your procedure performed. This is a very common practice of patients traveling for surgery. I have patients from all over California as well as other States and Countries and expert rhinoplasty surgeons are very familiar with dealing with out of town patients. I have included a link below of ethnic rhinoplasty procedures so you can see how rewarding these can be for young ladies like yourself as well as a video above of a similar nose with chin augmentation. This patient is from out of town so these postoperative photographs on the video are from day seven she has even more remarkable results now and life changing in her words. Best regards, Michael V. Elam, M.D.

Michael Elam, MD

Nose and chin

At a complimentary consultation aided by digital photography and your input you will be able to see what can be accomplished with your face.  So go on more consults where they use this technique, look at photos of similar patients, compare fees and find your surgeon
Dr Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Rhinoplasty and chin implant candidate

From the photographs presented, it appears that there is an overly projecting nose, and an under projecting chin.  A rhinoplasty procedure can accomplish shaving down the dorsal hump, lifting and refining the tip, decreasing the projection of the nose, and narrowing the bridge.  Consider placement of a chin implant to bring the chin forward to  help balance with the overly projecting nose to improve facial balance and proportions.  Chin implants are manufactured in the large variety of sizes and shapes, which is best determined at the time of consultation /examination.  Chin implants can be placed under general anesthesia with a rhinoplasty, or as a stand-alone procedure under local anesthesia.  The cost of a rhinoplasty and a chin implant is directly proportional to the amount of time it takes to perform the procedure in an operating room, time monitored by a physician anesthesiologist under general anesthesia, and the surgeon's professional fees for performing the procedures along with all of the postoperative follow-up appointments.  Rhinoplasty is one the most difficult procedures to perform correctly in the entire field of cosmetic surgery,  so choose your surgeon very wisely based on extensive portfolio of before and after results.  For more information about both procedures, diagrams of the chin implants,  our current price list and many examples, please see the link and the video below

Selecting a Rhinoplasty Surgeon

Because rhinoplasty surgery is one of the most challenging cosmetic operation we do I recommend that you consult with experienced surgeons who devote most of their practice to this procedure. The fees you've been quoted to reduce your hump, narrow your bridge and refine your tip are reasonable if done by a true expert. I recommend you also consider a chin implant to achieve a balanced natural result.

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine and attractive face.

Rhinoplasty for a more feminine and attractive face. There are several rhinoplasty specialists here who do many rhinoplasties per week. Look at our websites and choose one whose noses look natural. The cost varies but you should shop quality not price. A chin implant will give better balance to your face.

Cost for rhinoplasty

Cost of rhinoplasty can vary greatly depending on surgeon experience. 8,000 is reasonable, and even a little low for a rhinoplasty expert. 
I would also strongly recommend consideration of a chin implant on your case. 
Seek multiple expert opinions.

Laxmeesh Mike Nayak, MD
Saint Louis Facial Plastic Surgeon