Protrusion around belly button 3 week safer Smart Lipo. Any suggestions? (photos)

I had SmartLipo done 3 weeks ago. There's now an indent in the middle of my stomach and the lower part around my belly button protrudes. I wore the compression garment nonstop for 2 weeks & Spanx the 3rd week. Is this normal? If not, what are your recommendations at this point?

Liposuction irregularities.

It is important to rule out a hernia, but it is most likely swelling or excess fat.  Keep it compressed and massage it and reevaluate with your surgeon in a few weeks.

Cedar Park Family Physician

3 weeks is too soon....

Thanks for your question and photos. 3 weeks is premature for diagnosing potential complications. Massage will certainly help but allow a couple of more months for results and always follow up with your doctor with any changes.

Bruce E. Katz, MD

Post Liposuction Irregularities, Swelling -- Try Massage, Velashape or Venus Legacy With Your Compression

Swelling and lumps from liposuction can last for months, at three weeks it is too early to evaluate final results. This likely is a seroma and needs post operative care.  I suggest RF treatments and shock therapy with lymphatic massage at this time. Please see an expert. Best, Dr. Emer

Protrusion

Hello,This could be a seroma or a result of irregular liposuction. I would advise that you see your surgeon for follow-up

Christopher Balgobin, MD
Minneapolis Physician