Proper after-care following Fraxel Refine?

I just had my first Fraxel Refine treatment. My doctor did not give me any advice on after-care, except that I should stay out of the sun (and she did not specify for how long). Is there a website that will provide more thorough after-care guidelines?

Thank you for your question. After care is very specific and tailored to the depth of treatment you received. It is always a good rule of thumb to have a detailed before and after care when undergoing any laser treatment. If you are unable to receive the care you need and deserve i would suggest consulting with a Board Certified Plastic Surgeons office for further care and guidence.

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

Follow-up after Fraxel

Follow-up after Fraxel laser is very important.  I review weith my patients the best after care even before I schedule their treatment.  Strict sun avoidance is crucial after Fraxel laser.  I would suggest you contact the physician that treated you to review the protocol.  For the best cosmetic reslts please consult a board dermatologist who has expertise in Fraxel and other cosmetic lasers.

Follow-up after Fraxel

Fraxel After Care

I suggest calling you doctor, my recommendations are very specific.  I have a hand out and I am particular about skin care and sun protection.  I suggest you find someone who is the same.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Fraxel After Care

Fraxel After Care

Hello.  Our after care instructions for fractional laser resurfacing include sun protection as well as use of Aquaphor, a Vaseline type product that forms a protective barrier to help heal the

If your practitioner did not provide written instructions and/or access to recovery products younger think about looking for a new provider as that type of patient care policy is not typical.  

To to see photos of a 7 day recovery for laser resurfacing procedure for a Los Angeles patient, click the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD

Fraxel After Care

Harold J. Kaplan, MD