Is the new CoolSculpting mini good for mild-to-moderate jowls? I'm 38 and already tried Ultherapy and saw no results (Photo)

These are pics of my jawline. Please let me know what you think would work best.

Double Chin Treatment / Laxity/Jowsl-- SmartLipo/VASER/ThermiRF, Botox, Venus Legacy, Kybella

cool mini only helps in a small number of people with chin fat not jowling, this is where energy based hi definition liposuction with or without thermiRF can be helpful.  thermage/ultherapy or other non invasive approaches are very minimal when you are a candidate for true lifting and do not want a face lift. sculptra is often combined in my practice for long term maintenance.  Best, Dr. Emer.

Is the new CoolSculpting mini good for mild-to-moderate jowls? I'm 38 and already tried Ultherapy and saw no results

I appreciate your question.

CoolMini is indicated for the submental or under the chin fat. From looking at your photos, you would not be a good candidate.  I would recommend some liposuction to the jowl area and some mid face filler.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

best of luck!

Dr Schwartz

Treatment of Jowls

Hello and thank you for your question and pictures. It's no surprise that you didn't see results with Ultherapy. With the degree of jowling you have you would need multiple Ultherapy treatments for a noticeable result. The CoolMini from CoolSculpting works for fat directly under the chin and requires multiple treatments. In your case it would not be any benefit as it does not treat the jowls. In your case the best non-surgical option I would recommend would be ThermiTight. We have seen excellent results in patients like you with just one treatment. I have included a link below with more information on the treatment. Hope this helps!

Michael A. Zadeh, MD, FACS
Sherman Oaks General Surgeon

Jowls

Hi.  I actually have been using Cool Mini and like it very much for submental fat.  In the photos, you do not seem to have submental fat, but have a deficit in what is called the sulcus.  I would recommend using filler, Juvederm Voluma and trying to lift both cheek and fill in jaw line.  Best of luck.

Coolsculpting

coolsculpting is great for double chin but not for treatment of jowls .

Coolsculpting is an excellent form of non-invasive  fat reduction for the right patient. Some applicators take 1 or 2 hours but the new advantage applicators take only 35 minutes and have significantly less risk for delayed onset pain (especially in the abdomen). Results are seen at 2 months and typically 1-3 treatments will be necessary on each area to achieve ideal results. The number of treatments depends on the amount of fat there and the patient's goals.  There is not downtime and the results can be impressive in the right patient.  We also use the Zimmer Z-wave for improved patient comfort and added results. The best candidates are those who are in pretty good shape with areas of stubborn fat that won't go away no matter what.

My best,

Sheila Nazarian, MD, MMM

Beverly Hills, Board Certified Plastic Surgeon

Sheila S. Nazarian, MD

Options for jowl improvement

From looking at your photos, you would not be a good candidate for the CoolMini because it is indicated for the submental or under the chin fat.  If you are not ready for surgery, I like to do ThermiRF or ThermiTight with a little bit of liposuction to the jowl area to help tighten this area better than Ulthera (in my opinion).  It is a procedure that takes about an hour and is done under local anesthesia in the office.  I would seek a consultation from a board certified facial plastic surgeon to discuss the procedure.

Jason D. Bloom, MD
Philadelphia Facial Plastic Surgeon

Cool mini or Kybella

I have used both the Cool mini and Kybella for young patients such as yourself.  Both work very well to help treat this condition.  Both will provide some tightening as well.  The best skin tightening will happen from Thermage and not Ulthera.  I suggest you consult an expert in the field.  Best, Dr. Green

Cool mini - not best treatment for jowls

Thank you for your question, and for sharing your photos. The cool mini applicator would not necessarily help you with your concerns. You do not have a lot of submental fullness that is contributing to your jowls.
A lower facelift  would be the most effective treatment to  help address this region.  Your alternatives would be to combine fillers with other energy devices like Profound, a micro needling radiofrequency treatment that also restores some elastin into the tissues.