Is it possible to manipulate cleavage results of textured anatomical cohesive gel implants in the healing process?

If I wear a tighter compression bra that holds the implants closer together thus creating better cleavage will my implants possibly adhere to the tissue in this position? In other words, is it possible to somewhat manipulate the cleavage outcome right now while they are healing and hopefully adhering or is my resulting cleavage really already determined based on other factors and out of my control. I just want to do whatever I can to get the best possible cleavage outcome. Thanks!

Textured shaped implants are designed to heal

where they are placed and trying to push them inwards will not help and may impair the healing process.  You should discuss your concerns with your surgeon to see if that are other fixes that you can consider.  

Dear CArunner

You are more likely to cause problems by trying to force the implants into a certain position. You should follow your surgeons instructions including supportive bra and massage.

Afshin Parhiscar, MD
Bay Area Plastic Surgeon

Cleavage

Your implant should already be up against the inner side of the pocket created for it. Pushing on it won't 'make it stick' better. However, good bra support should prevent any downward or lateral drift with time. Best of luck!

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Cleavage after Breast Augmentation

I recommend that you discuss your postop manipulations with your surgeon, as you may cause problems or bleeding. I am sure your surgeon achieved maximal cleavage with breast augmentation. Good luck!

Robert M. Tornambe, MD

Textured implants

So in general cleavage comes from the clothing you wear and not the implants. The cleavage of your breasts alone is determined by your anatomy. That being said if you got very large implants and you are a petite person your implants may touch in the center of your chest because the diameter of the implants. Hope your happy with the result. Good Luck! 

Jordan P. Farkas, MD
Paramus Plastic Surgeon

More cleavage after textured anatomic gel implants?

Thank you for asking about your breast implants.

• To a large extent, your cleavage is determined by your own anatomy -
  • How your breasts sit on your chest.
  • Textured anatomic implants are placed in a specific measured position, intended to be the best for you.
  • It is unwise to try to manipulate the implants while you are healing unless under your own surgeon's guidance.
  • These are asymmetric implants and if in trying to manipulate them closer, you turn them out of position, they will look very odd and that will need correction.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS