What filler for the fold in my face? (Photo)

I have a fold on my right face (no such problem in left face). I am thinking about get filler to fix it. I was told I need voluma to fill it but I think it should be restylane since it is close to my eye and voluma is not suitable for near eyes. Any suggestions on what filler best fix this area?

Doctor Answers 6

Which filler?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Based on your photo I would recommend either Voluma or Lyft placed deeper for structure/support. It may be necessary to layer Restylane or Belotero more superficially if needed. Fillers will be the best option to address your concern. Please consult a board certified dermatologist or plastic surgeon experienced in aesthetic injectables. Best wishes.

Longmont Dermatologic Surgeon
4.6 out of 5 stars 11 reviews

Filler for face fold

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
you are correct in that you do not need Voluma. almost any filler can get you good results--Restylane, Juvederm, Radiesse, Belotero--depends on your doctor's experience with the product.

Melvin Elson, MD
Nashville Dermatologist
5.0 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

What filler for the fold in my face?

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
I appreciate your question.

Restylane lyft would give you a nice result.  It achieves midface rejuvenation with less product volume as it is less likely to yield to compression.

The best way to assess and give true advice would be an in-person exam.
Please see a board-certified plastic surgeon that specializes in aesthetic and restorative plastic surgery.

Best of luck!

Dr. Schwartz

Juvederm Voluma

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Juvederm Voluma would be my recommendation to fill the defect and enhance that area of your face. Of course, a personal consultation is needed to provide you with the best advice. I recommend finding someone who specializes in the face and has extensive experience with fillers and injectables. I wish you all the best. 

Arnold Almonte, DO
Roseville Plastic Surgeon
4.9 out of 5 stars 35 reviews

Voluma for the Face

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}

The fat pad in between the eye and the malar area needs correction.  Juvederm Voluma would definitely give you a correction of the area.  Please see a board certified dermatologist with a great deal of experience with these facial injections.  Best, Dr. Green

Radiesse for Cheek Fold

{{ voteCount >= 0 ? '+' + (voteCount + 1) : (voteCount + 1) }}
Hi FlyingX.  The bottom line is that your injector has many choices to help with your concern.  The reason we use Radiesse is that it works very well because it is a thick product and supports the cheeks very well.  We also like it because it comes in a 1.5 CC syringe which is 50% more product than Voluma.  Finally, it is usually priced less than Voluma and lasts just as long or longer.  

We do not use Voluma because their FDA approval for a 2 year duration had the average patient using 6.5 CC's of product which costs about $4000 - $6000 in today's market.  The same work can be accomplished with Radiesse for about $1500 or less.  

To see examples of patients that have had the type of injections you need, take a look at the link below.

Harold J. Kaplan, MD
Los Angeles Facial Plastic Surgeon
4.4 out of 5 stars 7 reviews

These answers are for educational purposes and should not be relied upon as a substitute for medical advice you may receive from your physician. If you have a medical emergency, please call 911. These answers do not constitute or initiate a patient/doctor relationship.