Double bubble or bottoming out?? Should I be worried? (photos)

I will be three weeks post op on Wednesday (02-10-2016) and for the last few days I've really started to notice that my nipples are pointing up.. And yesterday my mother pointed out that it's starting to look like a double bubble on my right breast... Does everything look okay at this stage or does it look like I am starting to get problems? I had 375cc High profile overs. Already wishing that I went bigger!

Bottoming out?

Your incision still appears to be in the crease so from that standpoint you do not look like you are bottoming out but please see your surgeon for an exam and opinion.

Bottoming out

Thank you for the photos and the question and NO you do not look like you are bottoming out but express your concerns to your surgeon.

Dr. Corbin

Frederic H. Corbin, MD

Bottoming out

Thank you for the question.  Based on your pictures, you do not seem to be bottoming out.  You are actually healing pretty good at 3 weeks post op.  It would always be best however, to follow up with your plastic surgeon for any discomfort or concern you have.  Best of luck, Dr. Michael Omidi.

Michael M. Omidi, MD, FACS

Worried about lower breast pole

You are not necessary bottoming out but you lower breast pole is very generous; All you need is an in office tightening of your lower breast pole. Please contact our office for more details.

Arian Mowlavi, MD

Early post operative after Breast Augmentation

I think you are recovering nicely at this very early stage and would not be too concerned.
I would like to know what level of asymmetry you had before surgery. I would keep your PS posted on your concerns and possibly go to see him more often if this makes you feel more comfortable. Your breasts will be very different in 3 weeks and again in 3 months: will need to be patient..

Stefano Cotrufo, MD, PhD
London Plastic Surgeon

Breast Augmentation Outcome

It doesn't look like dropout, but your implant is a little wider than your right breast. Keep them supported in a bra for a long time! Glad to see you and your surgeon chose inframammary incisions! Smart.

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

Breat Augmentation, Breast Implants

Congratulations on having undergone the breast augmentation procedure. I ask my patients to wait 3-6 months before evaluating the end results of the breast augmentation surgery. This waiting time allows patients to adapt to the changes in their breast size and shape as well as their overall new body image. There are a significant percentage of patients at your stage of recovery that feel that they are too big or (more commonly) too small. And those emotional feelings can change daily turning this transitional time. Remember also that each side of the body heals at a different rate and that you weren't perfectly asymmetric to begin with so although you should be closer in symmetry there will always be differences.

It can take many months to see the final results of surgery. Swelling, soreness, skin repositioning, implant settling must resolve completely before you can make that determination. Once the swelling around the implants has also resolved you can see the final result. Patients often report that they are happier with the implants' shape their cleavage and projection once these changes occur.

I would suggest continued patience and continued close follow-up with your plastic surgeon.
Best wishes or an outcome that you will be pleased with long-term.

3 weeks post breast augmentation

Thank you for your question and the photos.
It does not look like you have a double bubble or that your breasts are bottoming out.
Your breasts will change as they settle, try not to worry.
If you have any major concerns at all please contact your surgeon.

Chien C. Kat, FRCS
Birmingham Plastic Surgeon

Concerned if "bottoming out" 3 weeks post op from a breast augmentation

Dear TanishaMoogan,

Thank you for your attached images. 

I do not see any evidence of "bottoming out", or a double bubble. 
You appear to be in the early healing phase of a breast augmentation.
You also appear quite even, and with good overalI healing. 

I recommend that you see your surgeon for confirmation.

Sergio Pasquale Maggi, MD, FACS
drmaggi.com

No evidence of bottoming out early after surgery.

Judging from the photographs provided I don't see a particular problem. Is early in the convalescence. Show this to your own surgeon for reassurance.