3.5 wks post Lipo inner & outer thighs, are dents permanent? Was to much fat taken out? Is it too soon to judge results?

Having a hard time. I see why they say just love yourself. I got lipo on my inner & outer thighs. I asked for aggressive lipo, but not to lose my woman shape. It's been 3.5 weeks. I feel deformed, trying not to cry. Think it looks worse in person than my photos. I have a weird dent on the outer side of my right thigh & my left has a dent near my butt. Are they permanent? Is it to soon to tell? With my legs together you can really see the deformity. I used to be curvier. Am I crazy?

Thank you for your question and photographs.  It is very difficult to tell from the photographs what issues are bothering you since of course I do not have the before pictures for comparison.  My best advice however is to remind you that three and half weeks after surgery there is still significant swelling and irregularities if new a very well disappear.  At this point there is little to do other than to be patient and allow for proper healing before making any judgments.  At the earliest I would have you wait for 3 to 6 months before making a decision and assessing your satisfaction.

Good luck and best wishes,

Jon A Perlman M.D., FACS
Diplomate, American Board of Plastic Surgery
Member, American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery (ASAPS)
ABC-TV Extreme Makeover Surgeon
Beverly Hills, California

Liposuction - worried by result at six weeks

Thank you for asking about your liposuction.

• I am sorry you are so distressed -
  • Surgical recovery is difficult because you have to wait to see your final result.
  • Let your surgeon know about your worries, show him/her the areas and compare to your before photos.
  • Then just wait a full six months to see how things turn out.

Always see a Board Certified Plastic Surgeon. Best wishes  - Elizabeth Morgan MD PHD FACS

Post liposuction irregularities

hi - at 3.5 weeks it is too early to say whether you have irregularities after liposuction. You should continue with compression garments and expect some swelling to remain for several more weeks. It will take up to 3 months to see your final result. 

Good luck

Liposuction Results

The jury is not out by any means at 3 weeks. Your photos are not helpful, but you and your surgeon should be certain that compression garments were fitting well, and what if anything else would be helpful in the healing process. I am not of the philosophy that non-invasive devices will actually help with anything after surgery, however.  Usually, it takes 3 months or more to get a good idea of the actual contours. 

Gerald Minniti, MD, FACS

3.5 weeks post lipo

It takes at least 3 mos to lose all the swelling after liposuction. The medial thighs are very sensitive to trauma and can show irregularities early on that go away with time. The thighs respond well to pressure from a roller to break up scar tissue that forms at this point. I would touch bases with your plastic surgeon and express your concerns but I think you are going to be fine.

Karen Quigley, MD

Too Soon To Tell Results of Liposuction -- Start Venus Legacy/Exilis, Cellutone/Z Wave, Lymphatic Massage, Vaniqush

It is too soon to tell after your procedure what your final results will be. You will still have swelling for several months. For aftercare after liposuction, I recommend RF treatments externally like Venus Legacy, Exilis Ultra, Vanquish in combination with shock/vibration therapy like Cellutone/z wave, hyperbaric oxygen and compression in order to decrease swelling and improve results. See an expert. Best, Dr. Emer